The Fat Duck restaurant

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am thinking about making a reservation for Heston Blumenthal's restaurant, The Fat Duck as a present to my long suffering DF. Before i attempted to put my name down, i was wondering if any tPFers have dined there and what their thoughts were on the food and evening as a whole. I'd love to hear from past experiences!

Basically, is it worth the money?!! Or would i be better off spending the money on a new pair of shoes/handbag?!

Oops, i thought i was in the kitchen subforum!!! Mods, please move to the appropriate forum!

2. My DH and I went there on our first wedding anniversary last year. It was quite an experience... I don't know how much I want to give away, because it might ruin some surprises for you, but it was definitely a different (and pleasant) dining experiences that relied on all senses (not just taste) and they do put on a little bit of a show with their nitro-cooking when they bring out the dishes.

We loved every course. Everything was beautifully presented and tasted fantastic. I'd like to think DH and I are somewhat discerning (i.e. we're foodies and we don't love everything - e.g. we've been severly disappointed with some of Gorden Ramsay's restaurants) and we were worried the Fat Duck might be all hype, but it deserves to be highly rated. Also, we happened to go a few months after that food poisoning scare, but everything was perfect.

If you do want more specific details on certain dishes, do let me know. I even photographed most courses.