Scarves ........ The Fall 2012 scarves ........

Hi Everyone, I've been following this thread eagerly since the pictures began rolling out.

So far, the idea of a Brazil Dip Dye GM and an Axis Mundi GM captivated most of my attention. Then the August edition of W. showed up in my mailbox. A gorgeous H ad adorns the back cover. Does anyone know which scarf is the large one in the model's hair? It's fabulous!

And that shawl! I've not be very interested in the cashmeres, but this . . . would tempt.

Beautiful!
I'm really hoping for H to do a noir/naturel or noir/gris color way for one of their GMs again. I love all of this color but the classic neutrals are so desirable to me.

You are most welcome, and thank you for posting the wonderful photo.

Based on the GM list provided by Uno, I would venture to guess that the shawl might possibly be La Laboratoire du Temps.

GM Cashmeres:

Parures des Maharaja
Cavalcadour
Le Laboratoire du Temps
Camails
Circuit 24 Fauborg
Etendards et Bannieres
Cheval Sur Mon Carre (CSMC)

And thank you again. It's funny--I was looking at that in a particular twill. This colorway, however, is insane.

I'm not sure how to locate the "Hermes in Print" or "Advertising Campaign" threads!

The TPF search function doesn't always work.

Anyway, here is some eye candy to look at, in addition to the new ad posted above!
Blazing hot here, toon (so hard to think about Fall)
The suede shoes are very comfy and not too horribly pricey in Hermes terms anyway. They come in several colors including an Gris Elefant like color in suede.

Wow - the Aussie site still has a bunch of great scarves from last season. Darn it - wish I could order from them so I could back fill my collection! oh who am I kidding - I can't afford to get one of everything.

I thought the same thing and considered calling someone in Sydney to order a couple for me, until I saw the price.
At today's exchange rates, :wtf:545 AUD = 562 USD for a 90 silk!!!

IceScarf said:
ouija board -- love this!! congrats it is gorgeous!

i have been looking for a changeant but can't seem to find one IRL so thanks for sharing this with us! would love to see some modelling pics if you have a chance :smile:

I thought I had posted modeling photos of my Polo mousseline for you, but in the flurry of posting photos here and in the Ode to CSMC, I must have overlooked it! Here you go...

The last photo is taken looking down at the scarf, and it looks like a solid pink/magenta scarf with no blue at all.I love how it looks like a different scarf depending on the lighting and angle that you look at it.

Attachments

• image-1141642799.jpg
    image-1141642799.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 1,272
  • image-3937269765.jpg
    image-3937269765.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 1,268
  • image-784730442.jpg
    image-784730442.jpg
    341 KB · Views: 1,282
You may want to consider the Courvertures et Tenures in cw 02. Still possible to find since it was from the last A/W men collection. http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-c...ashmere-gm-shawls-480825-94.html#post20560337

Thank you ms piggy, we think alike, that shawl is on my wishlist!
You inspired me with your pics and I just bought the Ex Libris in gris/blanc last week, the cassis/framboise is en route too.
I'll wait til next month to search for Tenures, I'd feel guilty buying 3 shawls in one month.

Thank you for the recommendation!

I thought I had posted modeling photos of my Polo mousseline for you, but in the flurry of posting photos here and in the Ode to CSMC, I must have overlooked it! Here you go...

The last photo is taken looking down at the scarf, and it looks like a solid pink/magenta scarf with no blue at all.I love how it looks like a different scarf depending on the lighting and angle that you look at it.
Thanks ouija board!

Oooh! lovely colours -- enjoy it, that's a lovely H purchase! :smile:

Lovely mousseline, they're really some coplex-coloured beauties!

I liked these Polo mousses seeing many photos in this thread (thank you, ladies, for sharing!) quite much, but when this Sunday I saw their price, I somehow decided to pass. ;)

Bought Pony Express in blanc/sepia cw, the best there is, IMO, very classic and very much sepia in real life, will go with everything. IceScarf and lanit, thank you very much for enabling photos!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone, I've been following this thread eagerly since the pictures began rolling out.

So far, the idea of a Brazil Dip Dye GM and an Axis Mundi GM captivated most of my attention. Then the August edition of W. showed up in my mailbox. A gorgeous H ad adorns the back cover. Does anyone know which scarf is the large one in the model's hair? It's fabulous!

And that shawl! I've not be very interested in the cashmeres, but this . . . would tempt.
Ok, I think the scarf in her hair is La Laboratoire du Temps 90 cw 18. Look at the part over her ear and compare it to the element in the Center right quadrant of the scarf.
Notice that the colors are the same for the rings. Starting from the center out - yellow, white, Blue, white, green, white, red, white, green.

http://usa.hermes.com/woman/scarves...figurable-product-002702s-28124.html?nuance=9

It looks completely different folded. I love the way it looks in her hair.