Scarves ........ The Fall 2012 scarves ........

I've seen photos of at least 6 different colorways of Tigre du Bengale, and since the colorway numbers go up to 13, I'm guessing that there are, in fact, 13. . . but I don't know for sure. Hermes can be mysterious!

Mindi B said:
I've seen photos of at least 6 different colorways of Tigre du Bengale, and since the colorway numbers go up to 13, I'm guessing that there are, in fact, 13. . . but I don't know for sure. Hermes can be mysterious!

Thanks Mindi!
I shouldn't answer..... you are right,
you never know with H.
Have they ever done 13 cw's before?

I am still going to go broke:sad:

i tried it on last week and i thought the corail cavalcadour CS GM was beautiful! i think it appears brighter on the website than in person - the colors are way toned down and from the different ways i tried it on, the ivory is more prominent than from the website pic - i think it would look great on any skin tone or hair color.....

also i saw 2 of the PdM 90 c/w's - fuschia + olive green - the fuschia to me was way reddish, pictures online make it look more magenta pink - if anyone is planning on buying this c/w online, i would def recommend that you wait until you see some pics posted......

Thanks so much for the Cavalcadour details palmbeachpink, greatly appreciated! :smile:

Ladies, I hadn't intended to go shopping this weekend, but our electricity went out with the storms last night so I had to find somewhere to stay cool in the 100 degree weather today. The fall scarves are out in force at my local H. I spotted Kilim but surprised myself by not buying it because the angles were just a bit too sharp for me when I tried it on. Still no sign of C'est La Fete or the Maharajas shawls here. I ended up with these two beauties, which I was looking forward to finding after seeing a few lovely pics earlier on this thread...

Tigre du Bengal
7475193512_d4a42037fd_z.jpg

Coup de Fouet
7475193064_fc1d90b623_z.jpg

I'll post some action shots when I get around to wearing them next week. It's impossible to capture the depth and texture of the grass in Tigre, which truly seems to jump right off of the scarf in person. Coup de Fouet is neat because the dominant colors change depending on how you fold it.

i love this colorway of le coup! :heart: congrats on the amazing new additions!!! i can't wait for my H to receive it! :catlick:

Dallet is one of my favorites! I have 2 cw of La Treve de l'eau moussies from a few seasons ago. I truly love them.
I love all his work. Here is a good link to his collaboration with Hermes:
http://www.robert-dallet.com/UK/Collaborations.html

I am sumobs one of you already know about Dallet, but I am seeing it for the first time....I am now spreading my wings!!! I love all animal and equestrian themed scarves (just slow learning the artist). I am up for a good lesson!!!;)

Great link, thanks! :smile:

Codygirl said:
Thanks Mindi!
I shouldn't answer..... you are right,
you never know with H.
Have they ever done 13 cw's before?

I am still going to go broke:sad:

Yes in fact, interesting you mention that, because I've been noticing that this season, Hermes seems to be doing more colorways of each design. :yes: Typically in the past they might do only 6 or 9 cws per design, maybe 12, but I've seen some designs for fall 2012 that go well beyond that.... (Perhaps this is to make up for the fact that there could only be nine 90cm twills this season, rather than the usual 10, since mimi reported earlier today that Cest la Fete is a 70cm, not a 90cm as previously expected???)

Originally Posted by Codygirl
Dallet is one of my favorites! I have 2 cw of La Treve de l'eau moussies from a few seasons ago. I truly love them.
I love all his work. Here is a good link to his collaboration with Hermes:
http://www.robert-dallet.com/UK/Collaborations.html

I am sumobs one of you already know about Dallet, but I am seeing it for the first time....I am now spreading my wings!!! I love all animal and equestrian themed scarves (just slow learning the artist). I am up for a good lesson!!!

Great link, thanks! :smile:

You are welcome.....but, I am not sure what the word "sumobs one" means:thinking::confused1:
What I meant was " I am sure some of you already......

Very very sweepy:sleepy:

I have read that Hermes regularly buys designs from artists for future seasons so that they have many to choose from when putting together a collection. So I am not surprised we have seen so many from Dallet since his death.

I am looking forward to wearing my new bengals with cashmere sweaters in the fall. I think the design will pair beautifully with greys and fawn and brown cashmere. A color way that I tried on and had a difficult time putting down was the blue cw. It was different from the grey and blue that has been on h.com. I am looking forward to seeing who gets that one because it was gorgeous.

I just bought the blue cw of Tigre and its beautiful! I have a thing for blue scarves and could not let this one pass especially since my SA had put the only one received aside for me. I would not have chosen this particular cw from pics on Hermes' site but, once I saw it in real life, I knew that it would be coming home!

Yes in fact, interesting you mention that, because I've been noticing that this season, Hermes seems to be doing more colorways of each design. :yes: Typically in the past they might do only 6 or 9 cws per design, maybe 12, but I've seen some designs for fall 2012 that go well beyond that.... (Perhaps this is to make up for the fact that there could only be nine 90cm twills this season, rather than the usual 10, since mimi reported earlier today that Cest la Fete is a 70cm, not a 90cm as previously expected???)

Thanks Cosmo! It will be interesting to see how many cw's per design.
I am taking more notice in scarves in general. I have quite a few, but I know want to more about the artist, etc.
As I said, I am always up for some good H history.
.....still learning about bags, colors leathers.

That is why I ask about this because I saw the colorway numbers go up to 13 but have only seen 4. I don't want to go broke buying every single color there is. Just want to pick a few out of all the colorways and I can't decide when I have only seen 4.

i saw these earrings at anthropologie earlier today and immediately thought of my PdM scarf! can't wait for the weather to cool down slightly so I can wear them together!

photo30.jpg