Scarves ........ The Fall 2012 scarves ........

Ladies, I hadn't intended to go shopping this weekend, but our electricity went out with the storms last night so I had to find somewhere to stay cool in the 100 degree weather today. The fall scarves are out in force at my local H. I spotted Kilim but surprised myself by not buying it because the angles were just a bit too sharp for me when I tried it on. Still no sign of C'est La Fete or the Maharajas shawls here. I ended up with these two beauties, which I was looking forward to finding after seeing a few lovely pics earlier on this thread...

Tigre du Bengal
7475193512_d4a42037fd_z.jpg

Coup de Fouet
7475193064_fc1d90b623_z.jpg

I'll post some action shots when I get around to wearing them next week. It's impossible to capture the depth and texture of the grass in Tigre, which truly seems to jump right off of the scarf in person. Coup de Fouet is neat because the dominant colors change depending on how you fold it.

My apologies if this has already been addressed, but does anyone have more information about the Cavalcadour CS GM colorways that are expected? :wondering And I'd love to hear if the photo of the coral colorway that's currently on hermes.com EU, is a good depiction of the colors. Thanks to everyone for posting information and photos, so very helpful!

Etoile, I am too interested after being slammed with Heidimom's picture about 4 pages back. I have never been a fan of this design but now, it is really calling me.

Anyone with pics???

plumtree, eagle1002us, Mindi B, Florasun thank you! That’s great to be able to share my excitement with fellow H scarves lovers!

I’m a big Robert Dallet fan and, though he passed away in 2006, I suppose H bought some of his designs before his death (or maybe from his ancestors?), so I hope to see his other works in future too. He produced so many beautiful wildlife paintings (especially felines) and, I'm sure, some scarves designs too!

I remember hearing about his death it seemed about the time Au bord de l'eau was issued or re-issued (prob the latter). All the animals (except hippos) surrounding an African watering spot, peacefully drinking.

And I think he did Equator, which was like everywhere in the 80's. Never saw an ebay listing for years w/seeing equator on it . . .It was a primary design of that time.

PoliticalGal said:
Ladies, I hadn't intended to go shopping this weekend, but our electricity went out with the storms last night so I had to find somewhere to stay cool in the 100 degree weather today. The fall scarves are out in force at my local H. I spotted Kilim but surprised myself by not buying it because the angles were just a bit too sharp for me when I tried it on. Still no sign of C'est La Fete or the Maharajas shawls here. I ended up with these two beauties, which I was looking forward to finding after seeing a few lovely pics earlier on this thread...

Tigre du Bengal

Coup de Fouet

I'll post some action shots when I get around to wearing them next week. It's impossible to capture the depth and texture of the grass in Tigre, which truly seems to jump right off of the scarf in person. Coup de Fouet is neat because the dominant colors change depending on how you fold it.

Congrats PoliticalGal! I'm glad you tracked down your Coup de Fouet. You're right that it's sort of like Carre en Carre/Le Robinson Chic in that you can get very different looks and dominant colors depending on how you fold it.

Hope your power is restored soon. Luckily we were spared. I've never seen a storm like that in my 20+ years in D.C. A state of emergency has been declared.

Did you pick these up at the Va. H boutique or the Neimans at Mazza? Sounds like I need to plan a shopping trip!

Tigre du Bengal

Coup de Fouet

Thanks so much for posting these PoliticalGal, and so glad you found cool shelter at Hermes! I especially love your Coup de Fouet. I'm hoping one of the colorways may work for me. Do you know which yours is? And can't wait to see you action shots!

etoile de mer said:
Thanks so much for posting these PoliticalGal, and so glad you found cool shelter at Hermes! I especially love your Coup de Fouet. I'm hoping one of the colorways may work for me. Do you know which yours is? And can't wait to see you action shots!

That's cw01 noir/etoupe/gris. :smile:

Last edited:

Tigre du Bengal

Coup de Fouet

Oh...and may I ask, is the border of your beautiful Coup de Fouet dark brown, or black?

Tigre du Bengal

Coup de Fouet

PG: your two scarves are beautiful and what a lovely way to deal with no power. Can't wait for your modeling pics.

Congrats PoliticalGal! I'm glad you tracked down your Coup de Fouet. You're right that it's sort of like Carre en Carre/Le Robinson Chic in that you can get very different looks and dominant colors depending on how you fold it.

Hope your power is restored soon. Luckily we were spared. I've never seen a storm like that in my 20+ years in D.C. A state of emergency has been declared.

Did you pick these up at the Va. H boutique or the Neimans at Mazza? Sounds like I need to plan a shopping trip!

Thanks, Cosmopolitan! I got them (and my other recent fall purchases) from the VA store. I was in Mazza on Wednesday and didn't see anything from the fall collection yet. Luckily the power just came on about an hour ago. It really was a crazy storm.

Oh...and may I ask, is the border of your beautiful Coup de Fouet dark brown, or black?

Thanks, Etoile! As Cosmopolitan said, the border is black :smile:

PG: your two scarves are beautiful and what a lovely way to deal with no power. Can't wait for your modeling pics.

Thank you, sparkle! Pics to come as soon as I'm dressed in something slightly fancier than a tshirt from Old Navy. Just too hot here this weekend :P

^^I was just about to ask if the NM boutique had gotten any fall scarves in, so thanks for the info! I have a few gift cards burning a hole in my wallet, may as well use them on Hermes! Hoping to hear from my SA that they've received Coup de Fouet in cw 1, and am loving all the "real" pictures I'm seeing of it on this thread. Thanks!!

Tigre du Bengal

Coup de Fouet

Congratulation!!!! Great choices. Love both of them. Enjoy. Can't wait for your action pictures.

Very nice!

H.C., thank you!

PoliticalGal, congrats! Does Kilim look very bright in real? The pictures on the H website are definitely brighter than I wished the reissue to be. TIA!

I remember hearing about his death it seemed about the time Au bord de l'eau was issued or re-issued (prob the latter). All the animals (except hippos) surrounding an African watering spot, peacefully drinking.

And I think he did Equator, which was like everywhere in the 80's. Never saw an ebay listing for years w/seeing equator on it . . .It was a primary design of that time.

That’s curious, to me Equateurs are everywhere on Ebay, maybe because I’m constantly looking to add it to my collection, as well as his Africa. :biggrin: