The face dental korea experience/review

Tanya4288

Sep 26, 2018
Hi guys

I am 10 days post my surgery at the face dental and wanted to let you guys know about my experience.
I had assymetrical jawline, wide chin and cheekbones, and was searching to find a doctor that doesn’t charge an arm and a leg and also is experienced in the filed. After reading reviews online, I decided on TFD. I read mainly that Dr Lee does natural work and that’s what I was interested in. I didn’twant the major v line look. When I got to korea, I had my consultation with Dr Lee, and gave him pictures of my ideal face shape and explained to him how I’d like to keep my jawlines, have a natural v line and also have my cheekbones more aligned with my jawlines ( a look that is ideal with westerners). He did agree with my decision and assured me that it’s doable. It’s really great how Dr Lee speaks English so you don’t have to worry about miscommunication. I obviously booked my surgery and went ahead with it. On the day of my surgery I was very nervous since I was alone and had no family members with me. However, thankfully things went really smoothly afterwards. After the surgery obviously there was lots of headache, sore throat , overall pain. I did throw up blood a little too ( nothing major). The nurses were really sweet and were continuesly watching over me. They don’t really speak English but use the translation apps. The second day I was discharged and came back to my hotel with a taxi. There was no major pain or discomfort at all which really surprised me. I really thought there would be cruicial pain after the surgery. I’ve had nose surgery before and I can say the experience was way more uncomfortable. The only uncomfortable thing about this surgery is the fact that you can’t really enjoy food. I’ve been back to the clinic couple of times for de swelling treatments and for Dr Lee to keep an eye on the stitches. He was also helpful with all the questions that I had every time I went to see him.As for the results, I can tell that my chin is way smaller and natural looking. However, the rest of my face is very swollen and I cant really tell exactly how it looks. I will have to keep you guys posted at least in one month. I can tell that my face looks very natural even with the swelling. At this point, I can’t speak like before nor smile straight. I have major numbness all over my chin which is suppose to take a while for it to subside.
Overall, Dr Lee and his staff are really nice people and I am sure once I fly back to my country Dr Lee will still be there for me with any questions and concerns.
I will write more reviews as time goes by because I really can’t exactly tell how much smaller my cheekbones are at this point.
Overall, I recommend Dr Lee for those that are comming from other countries and want the natural look with reasonable price and also a doctor who understand your concerns

Hi guys

I am 10 days post my surgery at the face dental and wanted to let you guys know about my experience.
I had assymetrical jawline, wide chin and cheekbones, and was searching to find a doctor that doesn’t charge an arm and a leg and also is experienced in the filed. After reading reviews online, I decided on TFD. I read mainly that Dr Lee does natural work and that’s what I was interested in. I didn’twant the major v line look. When I got to korea, I had my consultation with Dr Lee, and gave him pictures of my ideal face shape and explained to him how I’d like to keep my jawlines, have a natural v line and also have my cheekbones more aligned with my jawlines ( a look that is ideal with westerners). He did agree with my decision and assured me that it’s doable. It’s really great how Dr Lee speaks English so you don’t have to worry about miscommunication. I obviously booked my surgery and went ahead with it. On the day of my surgery I was very nervous since I was alone and had no family members with me. However, thankfully things went really smoothly afterwards. After the surgery obviously there was lots of headache, sore throat , overall pain. I did throw up blood a little too ( nothing major). The nurses were really sweet and were continuesly watching over me. They don’t really speak English but use the translation apps. The second day I was discharged and came back to my hotel with a taxi. There was no major pain or discomfort at all which really surprised me. I really thought there would be cruicial pain after the surgery. I’ve had nose surgery before and I can say the experience was way more uncomfortable. The only uncomfortable thing about this surgery is the fact that you can’t really enjoy food. I’ve been back to the clinic couple of times for de swelling treatments and for Dr Lee to keep an eye on the stitches. He was also helpful with all the questions that I had every time I went to see him.As for the results, I can tell that my chin is way smaller and natural looking. However, the rest of my face is very swollen and I cant really tell exactly how it looks. I will have to keep you guys posted at least in one month. I can tell that my face looks very natural even with the swelling. At this point, I can’t speak like before nor smile straight. I have major numbness all over my chin which is suppose to take a while for it to subside.
Overall, Dr Lee and his staff are really nice people and I am sure once I fly back to my country Dr Lee will still be there for me with any questions and concerns.
I will write more reviews as time goes by because I really can’t exactly tell how much smaller my cheekbones are at this point.
Overall, I recommend Dr Lee for those that are comming from other countries and want the natural look with reasonable price and also a doctor who understand your concerns

which procedures did you do?!

Reactions: Kaitlin018
Hi guys

Thanks for your review! I am also looking at TFD for v-line, may I ask how much the v-line was? Also, can I ask how many days you wait until your stitches are removed? Thank you!:smile:

Reactions: Kaitlin018
hii i'm also interested in v line surgery. but my face is a bit square and i want an oval face with bit pointed chin. i notice people said tfd do natural results, but i would like to change my face shape into oval or heart and i wonder if they can. because yes i don't want to look like a doll, but neither too similar in my previous face

hii i'm also interested in v line surgery. but my face is a bit square and i want an oval face with bit pointed chin. i notice people said tfd do natural results, but i would like to change my face shape into oval or heart and i wonder if they can. because yes i don't want to look like a doll, but neither too similar in my previous face[/QUOTE

Hey yes it’s possible, my jawlines and chin are slimmer. I showed him adriana limas picture as an example. U can show him ur ideal face shape of a celebrity and tell him your request.

Hi guys

hey thanks for this info! when did you book the surgery and did you do it through kakaotalk? i'm kinda confused & i'm kinda scared that if I fly in they might not let me have the surgery. i've heard this happen to people

Hi guys

also did they quote you online and you show them that price?

Last edited by a moderator:
hey thanks for this info! when did you book the surgery and did you do it through kakaotalk? i'm kinda confused & i'm kinda scared that if I fly in they might not let me have the surgery. i've heard this happen to people

Hey , I booked it when I was in korea. You can just email him your picture and ask about his thoughts and your ideal shape. When i got to korea I went to consultation and then decided on surgery date. Go on their website and email him, it can be easier than kakao

Hi guys

Hello!
Im considering TFD, How do you like the results? Do you mind sharing pics of before and after

Hi guys

Thanks for the review. May I ask if TFD has a consultant that speaks English ? The one that usually the patient talks to when bargaining the price.

I have received quotes directly from dr Lee , but I feel awkward if I have to haggle directly with the doctor lol
hi Honii, v line alone is $4000 usd. He will probebly give some discount if you pay cash too. I removed my stiched after 14 days. It is better if you stay in seoul that long.
hi @Tanya4288 thanks for posting this review. May I ask if TFD provides discount if we do more than one procedure?

Hi! Thanks for sharing your review. How are you now?

I'm currently also consulting with Dr. Lee via email. He seems okay, based on our initial email correspondences, he does provide personalised response and analysis of my concern, and he's not overpriced. But, the only problem that I have with him is it takes him awhile to respond. During my 3rd email to him, I had to follow-up after 7 days of not getting any reply. This concerns me because it's important to me that the doctor is responsive, especially during the post-op care.

Did you have the same experience with him?