The FABULOUS ALMA Club!!!

As it turned out, I had to run an errand at Saks today so I ended up stopping by LV for a little fun ... tried on the Alma PM in Epi Indigo. Well, I have to say, I liked this bag more than I thought I would! I'm still on the fence because I initially had a more casual bag in mind and am not used to quite so much structure, but the PM is an absolutely perfect size for everyday. And it looks so sleek and modern with the silver hardware. I was also surprised that crossbody, it actually looks OK. Here are some mod shots. Will be interested to see what everyone thinks.

View attachment 3610165 View attachment 3610166 View attachment 3610167 View attachment 3610168
It looks good on you. I have a black pm and I've worn it to formal occasions as well as casually (with jeans). You can't go wrong with it.

OK, I am totally new to this forum- sorry if this question has been asked a million times before. Saw something with a search about an organizer but not exactly what I'm looking for. I have several Alma PMs that I rotate frequently. I am tired of transferring all my stuff! Do any of you have a good suggestion for a pouch? For the most part I carry a wallet (usually just card holder size, my larger wallets can go in separately), keys, pager, work ID and check book- so that's what would need to fit in the pouch that would then have to fit in my Almas :smile: TIA!

Reactions: Esther Kapteyn
As it turned out, I had to run an errand at Saks today so I ended up stopping by LV for a little fun ... tried on the Alma PM in Epi Indigo. Well, I have to say, I liked this bag more than I thought I would! I'm still on the fence because I initially had a more casual bag in mind and am not used to quite so much structure, but the PM is an absolutely perfect size for everyday. And it looks so sleek and modern with the silver hardware. I was also surprised that crossbody, it actually looks OK. Here are some mod shots. Will be interested to see what everyone thinks.

View attachment 3610165 View attachment 3610166 View attachment 3610167 View attachment 3610168

This looks amazing! GET HER! GET HER! Oh, wait, I'm not the best person to ask unless you're seeking an enabler.... I have an Alma addiction myself :smile: Seriously though, you can never go wrong with an Alma PM, on the arm or crossbody. So classic and functional. Then you get addicted and want them in different colors, vernis vs epi vs mono vs DE.... *sigh*

This looks amazing! GET HER! GET HER! Oh, wait, I'm not the best person to ask unless you're seeking an enabler.... I have an Alma addiction myself :smile: Seriously though, you can never go wrong with an Alma PM, on the arm or crossbody. So classic and functional. Then you get addicted and want them in different colors, vernis vs epi vs mono vs DE.... *sigh*

Thanks! I did pick it up today, but am already doubting the purchase. I'm just not used to a bag that is so structured and the base feels really hard, unlike my Empreinte Speedy that is softer and more comfortable. I'm going to wear it around the house for a few days and see how I feel. It's a beautiful bag and I can see how one can lead to several (!), just not sure this is the bag for me.

Reactions: Sandra.AT
Thanks! I did pick it up today, but am already doubting the purchase. I'm just not used to a bag that is so structured and the base feels really hard, unlike my Empreinte Speedy that is softer and more comfortable. I'm going to wear it around the house for a few days and see how I feel. It's a beautiful bag and I can see how one can lead to several (!), just not sure this is the bag for me.
Oh, yes, those are two very different bags! I just love the crisp lines of the Alma. I admit I usually wear them without the strap but that's more because I am OCD about them banging into anything. GL with your decision!

Reactions: catsinthebag

I think you will love it. I was concerned about the structure too, but it is such a sophisticated looking design and I love the shape :smile: I've been using mine handheld for over a year, now I'm ready for a strap. It looks great on you!

Aww, I'm sorry you're not loving it......it looks so good on you.....I mean really, really good on you. But if you don't like structured bags then maybe it really isn't for you. Personally, I like my crossbody bags to be soft and pliable. But I like ALL my other bags to be structured so they will hold their shape for many years to come. The structure of the Alma is what is so attractive about it to me. But only you can decide. Let us all know. PS....I still come back and look at your pic every day.

Aww, I'm sorry you're not loving it......it looks so good on you.....I mean really, really good on you. But if you don't like structured bags then maybe it really isn't for you. Personally, I like my crossbody bags to be soft and pliable. But I like ALL my other bags to be structured so they will hold their shape for many years to come. The structure of the Alma is what is so attractive about it to me. But only you can decide. Let us all know. PS....I still come back and look at your pic every day.

It's not that I'm not loving it, it's just that I'm really not sure. I love the look of it but not used to the structure, and the more I try it on, the more uncertain I am about wearing it cross-body. I'll have to ask my DH for his thoughts when he gets home from traveling -- he is great at knowing what suits me so he may get the tiebreaking vote.

Reactions: Pickle123
It's not that I'm not loving it, it's just that I'm really not sure. I love the look of it but not used to the structure, and the more I try it on, the more uncertain I am about wearing it cross-body. I'll have to ask my DH for his thoughts when he gets home from traveling -- he is great at knowing what suits me so he may get the tiebreaking vote.
Sooooooo, what did you decide?

Sooooooo, what did you decide?

Still not completely decided, but I think it is probably going back. :sad:

It's a shame because there is a LOT I like about the bag: it's lightweight, I looovvvee the Indigo color, silver hardware, and the fact that it is essentially waterproof. But every time I touch it, it's just so hard. Bags are a tactile experience for me, so I'm not sure I can get past that. Plus, DH thinks it's just "meh," and while I don't exactly agree with that assessment, for something that costs more than $2k, I'd like his reaction to be a little more positive! I'm going to give it another day or two, but that's where I am right now, unfortunately.