The Eyeglasses Thread

I love antique eyewear and have several frames for everyday wear. I have some old designer frames from Jared Moore. When I say old, I mean old. He was located in New York and went out of business in 1852. These are coin silver frames which I purchased online and then had prescription lenses put in. The frames also came with a nice cigar case in excellent condition. The lenses are very small by today's standards and I like the look of smaller lenses. The German designer Lunor reproduces these frames except theirs are base metal.

moore glasses.jpg

moore case.jpg

I know this is a very old picture but my teens sister needs glasses/rx sunglasses and she desperately wants the ones Meryl Streep wore in Devil Wears Prada. I have seen them listed as possibly Gucci but then more sites say they are vintage Versace. Can anyone confirm this or know the style #? She is so sad as she hates the frames she has seen so far and if I can find her these on eBay or where it would totally make her life! If you recognize the make/style/model I would greatly appreciate it! If there is another or more appropriate forum to post this in I appreciate your guidance1

Attachments

• 8-21.jpg
    8-21.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,185
I have these Kenzo frames:
kenzo-kz2217a-55-purple-metric-angle

And these from Warby Parker:
1500x750.jpg

Totally obsessed with Warby Parker. Love that little gold detail, @faintlymacabre!

I was so scared to order glasses online as I never had before but it was such a pleasant experience, even in returning frames that were the absolute wrong color for my skin.

I hate wearing contacts and will probably never do it again. Glasses are so much fun!

Reactions: MooMooVT
Has anyone owned a pair of Tom Ford eyeglasses? Are they well made? Do they hold up to daily usage? I'm thinking about getting a pair. thank you

I wear Tom Fords. I've only had them since August, but I wear them daily & they travel back & forth (in the case, of course) between work & home, get taken off/on all day long, set on my desk etc. They've held up nicely & I haven't had any issues. They feel substantial (nice heft) and well-made.

Reactions: uhpharm01