The evolution of the minivan *pics*

^ SUVs are starting to scream "soccer mom" to me now. It seems like they're getting more and more popular among parents. I don't see nearly as many mini-vans picking up kids from practice (my boyfriend was a coach, so I saw a lot of parents picking their kids up).

OB-AO027_aumvan_20070806170452.jpg

Volkswagen extended the concept of a go everywhere, do everything van with its iconic 1960s microbus. It's so far declined to resurrect the model because of cost.

The original "hippie" van!

I tried to find a photo of a 1958 Oldsmobile station wagon I took my driver's test in, 19** haha. It was called the "king of chrome". I had to parallel park in that monster.

I'm a minivan lover, as uncool as that is. It works for our lifestyle--road trips with lots of stuff; the dog can step right in. Dh loves SUV's but I've talked him into more fuel efficient vehicles.

Loved the trip down memory lane, Maxter. Thanks!

i have a new Honda Odyssey, and was very reluctant to get it.

but my other options were the Largest SUV's, and I couldn't justify the low mpg. so, i went with the minivan...and have enjoyed driving it.

i know it doesn't look cool, but it has everything we need for the family...gets reasonable mileage, and is comfortable and luxurious inside.

we plan on a 3rd vehicle soon, a fun car for us...no kids allowed