The EUROVISION SONG CONTEST THREAD !!!!!!

Socialite

Fashionista
Aug 9, 2006
Hi everyone, the time is coming so lets discuss the Eurovision Song contest, it will be on your televisions soon.

I would just like to say....Germany, what happened ?? :confused1: I LOVED Monrose :crybaby:

I watch it only for Terry Wogan's jokes (OK except when the lesbian t.A.t.U. girls were making it more interesting with their tantrums). The songs are TERRIBLE: the British contestant is probably going to be even more TERRIBLE!

EDIT: For non-British, Terry Wogan is a guy who makes jokes at every single song from every single country and has drawn flak from all Europe but I love him!

My friends and I get together to watch Eurovision each year with copious wine and food and our own little scorecards to vote on each song - what makes it most special has to be Terry Wogan's jokes and the way he has admitted he starts the night with a full bottle of Bailey's by his side which by the end of the night is pretty much empty!

I was passing by the TV while parents were watching and I noticed these musceled guys in sprakly tank tops and I was like ":s Oh, so it's eurovision again..." :Push:

They were watching the swedish final. I don't really watch it anymore, but I saw the icelandic contestant on youtube a week or so after the final last year and it was hilarious. My favourite. ;)

Liberté;2099617 said:
I was passing by the TV while parents were watching and I noticed these musceled guys in sprakly tank tops and I was like ":s Oh, so it's eurovision again..." :Push:

They were watching the swedish final. I don't really watch it anymore, but I saw the icelandic contestant on youtube a week or so after the show and it was hilarious. My favourite. ;)

my Swedish Friend was telling me about your final...I loved that song by the Attic...its called the Arrival :smile:

Is it eurovision time again? Personally I'm not a fan and I'm glad it's not *big* here, but I can understand the entertainment value of it - but I haven't seen the whole show in years because I always find something else to do, lol. Anyways, Norway always place on the bottom, so it's no fun that way either.

Did I miss it? I'm not the hugest fan but I do like to check it out if it's on. Who's the UK entry this year? I'm sure I've read it in the papers but I can't remember for the life of me.

I've never seen Eurovision, but saw what happened last year with Lordi (I believe???) when they won. Scary scary band :sad:

I was really suprised that Lordi won too :biggrin: But glad :biggrin: People might have voted for Lordi, because everyone was getting bored of some girl in a skimpy outfit singing a song that has like 3 words in it winning every year. iI hope we'll see slightly different music this year :yes:
Im really not happy about our this years canditate though.. she's OK, but but..

I've never seen Eurovision, but saw what happened last year with Lordi (I believe???) when they won. Scary scary band :sad:

lordi, scary??? :roflmfao:

lordi are hilarious! did anyone see the interview where mr lordi said he was going to prepare for the finals by smoking cigarettes and drinking pepsi max? :roflmfao:

i saw them in stockmann in helsinki once, signing autographs.. i didn't queue up though :lol:

that british one is ummm special but at least it's not as bad as last year's. i believe that was the worst eurovision... umm scrap that, it was the worst song ever to be released!

Im really not happy about our this years canditate though.. she's OK, but but..

oh i know.. but all the other ones were terrible too.

i think sweden might do well this year, now that carola isn't singing :roflmfao: