The elusive Amande strap now available!!

Dec 11, 2006
I wait listed for this strap since April, and even as recently as near Christmas, I inquired about it at the 5th avenue flagship store who said they haven't ever seen it. I went to the LV store in Soho today to get my Lumi handles repaired (cracked glaze), and happened to ask about it. The SA said they actually have one in stock, and one had just come in this week, and she was surprised that the strap came in without it being held by a customer. So I got it!! I don't plan to use it all the time but it's a nice option.

I've spoken with a few tPF members here about it, so just passing along the word!!

Dtrivi89 said:
I want them to bring that Alma in Amande back in stock!!!!

Love love this bag!! I'm scared to use it often though for fear of color transfer.

They are definitely bringing these back though if now the straps are available. I would ask a store about wait listing.

OMG you just made my freaking day! I am going to call my SA right now to see about a wait list!!!!

Did they sell out since when I told you about how many were left on my reveal?? I bought it last Monday and there were 20 left then. My SA has me on the list for the strap, so it should be in soon. So happy! :smile:

Did they sell out since when I told you about how many were left on my reveal?? I bought it last Monday and there were 20 left then. My SA has me on the list for the strap, so it should be in soon. So happy! :smile:

I dunno, I think they probably will restock again. When I bought mine in April, they weren't sure if it was a one shot deal, and there were only 4 left in the country. It has been difficult to get a hold of though even after restocking...

I dunno, I think they probably will restock again. When I bought mine in April, they weren't sure if it was a one shot deal, and there were only 4 left in the country. It has been difficult to get a hold of though even after restocking...

So true! I can't tell you how long I was drooling over your Amande PM pics. I cannot believe I have one. Sometimes I open the box just to take a peek and realize that I do have it, haha! :biggrin:

ssv003 said:
So true! I can't tell you how long I was drooling over your Amande PM pics. I cannot believe I have one. Sometimes I open the box just to take a peek and realize that I do have it, haha! :biggrin:

Thanks Hun!! Glad I could be a source of inspiration / enabler ha!!

I played around with the strap today. I think I like it best handheld but I like the option of a strap. Just be careful not to wear the strap and bag with dark jeans, esp as crossbody.

Thanks Hun!! Glad I could be a source of inspiration / enabler ha!!

I played around with the strap today. I think I like it best handheld but I like the option of a strap. Just be careful not to wear the strap and bag with dark jeans, esp as crossbody.

So lucky, you get to play around with your new strap! I hope mine comes ASAP. I need to give my handles a rest, its getting a bit dingy and yellowing.

pic of my discolor handle, looks more intense in person. But my mom told me the straps are here as well, so she is sending to me overseas. At least I don't have to pay for them.

picture.php

pic of my discolor handle, looks more intense in person. But my mom told me the straps are here as well, so she is sending to me overseas. At least I don't have to pay for them.

Oh wow! Thanks for posting! About how long into owning the bag did this happen? Just got mine, and I'm worried about this already! I've never owned such a light bag before and in vernis to boot.