The Edna

Terese80

Sep 16, 2012
Hi all,

I am currently in the market for an evening bag (very occasional use - I don't get out much :sad: ) and I really quite like the look of the smaller Edna. I just wanted to check people's opinions - pros and cons of this bag? Is it too "quirky"? Too fragile (I know the lambskin is notoriously delicate)? Anyone got any pictures? I've trawled the forum but there's not much info, so any input would be greatly appreciated!

Or should I just get a Lily.....?

Thanks all!

Terese80 said:
Hi all,

I am currently in the market for an evening bag (very occasional use - I don't get out much :sad: ) and I really quite like the look of the smaller Edna. I just wanted to check people's opinions - pros and cons of this bag? Is it too "quirky"? Too fragile (I know the lambskin is notoriously delicate)? Anyone got any pictures? I've trawled the forum but there's not much info, so any input would be greatly appreciated!

Or should I just get a Lily.....?

Thanks all!

I think Edna is so similar to lily and I'm not sure on the spangly strap much as I normally like such things! Go for the lily I say! X

I think Edna is so similar to lily and I'm not sure on the spangly strap much as I normally like such things! Go for the lily I say! X

Ha, yes it's the strap I'm trying to wrap my little mind around. I've never seen an Edna IRL, so can't work out if it's just TOO quirky for me. I like quirky. Up to a point.

Terese80 said:
Ha, yes it's the strap I'm trying to wrap my little mind around. I've never seen an Edna IRL, so can't work out if it's just TOO quirky for me. I like quirky. Up to a point.

I know what you mean Heeheehee. I want to be cool and fashionable but can't figure out whether this would make me too much of a trendy jetsetter!! Personally I think the strap would date quite quickly though it is pretty now...

I know what you mean Heeheehee. I want to be cool and fashionable but can't figure out whether this would make me too much of a trendy jetsetter!! Personally I think the strap would date quite quickly though it is pretty now...

I like the tiger. And the tortoise. Basically give me animals and I'm yours. But yeah, the Lily is definitely the more timeless choice...

I will go against the grain because I'm a great believer in individuality and like the be different. I'd never heard of this bag until now so I just googled it and think it's lovely, definitely a bit different and not too quirky at all. If you love it, go for it. If I was an evening person I would have one myself, however I'm usually in bed by 9pm so it would be wasted on me!

:lol:

I will go against the grain because I'm a great believer in individuality and like the be different. I'd never heard of this bag until now so I just googled it and think it's lovely, definitely a bit different and not too quirky at all. If you love it, go for it. If I was an evening person I would have one myself, however I'm usually in bed by 9pm so it would be wasted on me!

:lol:

Yes, I really do like it and I've been drawn to it since I first saw it. I guess the question is how I would feel about its individuality in a year or two. But yet. But yet it calls my name.... :smile:

The obvious solution would be to get both. The Edna for more casual, fun filled evenings out and then a black Lily for classier affairs. ;) Tis a pity I barely go out enough to warrant ONE evening bag, let alone two.

Yes, I really do like it and I've been drawn to it since I first saw it. I guess the question is how I would feel about its individuality in a year or two. But yet. But yet it calls my name.... :smile:

The obvious solution would be to get both. The Edna for more casual, fun filled evenings out and then a black Lily for classier affairs. ;) Tis a pity I barely go out enough to warrant ONE evening bag, let alone two.

Life is too short to worry about how you will feel in a years time!

Anyway there's a thread here with some pics: :smile:

http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry-reference-library/the-mulberry-edna-pics-only-638257.html

I think things call your name for a reason :smile: Let the bag or bags give you a reason to go out more :smile:

Terese80 said:
I like the tiger. And the tortoise. Basically give me animals and I'm yours. But yeah, the Lily is definitely the more timeless choice...

Let me just moderate my reply by adding that I did indeed contemplate an edna in a beautiful colour a few months back... I really think its a pretty bag (given lily is based on it I'm guessing??) but I'm just not sure how I'd feel
About the strap in a years time- but then again who knows how we would feel about any of our bags in a year, the rate we get through them!!