The edges on my Sabrina are already wearing down!! :(

May 26, 2007
I was admiring my Sabrina last night and noticed that the bottom edges are already showing signs of wear!! I bought this bag with March PCE, so I haven't even had it a month yet. I have the espresso leather sabrina. I will post pictures later, but I am so bummed. Is anyone else having this issue?

Is this normal? I have carried the bag every day since I got it, but it hasn't even been a month. I take good care of my bags, I don't place them on the floor so its only sat on my desk, table, and car seat. Should I take it back? I'm so sad right now!:crybaby:

Can you post a pic? This seems like a common issue with other brands as well but I agree, 1 month of use it rather quick. I put some Loving My Bag Pro Treatment on all of my corners to keep this from happening.

Wow I am sorry to hear that It should not wear like that after only a month of use. first you shoould try to condition it, take some before and after conditioning pics just incase it does not work very well and if that does not work then you should try to exchange it for another one.

Oh no.... So sorry to hear that! I'd be upset myself!! That's just terrible after barely a month of use. I'd take it to the boutique and see what they tell you.

And yes camommyof3, you need to fill us all in on where to get this stuff. Does it really help???

oh u need to tell me more about this!
what is it?
where to get it?
how to apply it?

You'll see that this product is widely used by tpf members in the Balenciaga forum. Balenciagas do also have issues with their corners scuffing and the leather is delicate and has a sheen to it like the Sabrinas.

I buy the Balenciaga kit and I do a little Spa Treatment on my new bags. I did so with my Cherry Sabrina because straight out of the packaging, she had some little scratches. That Cherry leather scratches easily.

I put the LMB Feel Soft Moisturizer followed by the LMB Pro-Treatment. Now if my ring scatches against the leather, I see no marks. Here's the link and if you search TPF, there is usually a coupon code. The products are by no means cheap, but they are worth their price, for sure! Bbags and Coach Sabrinas aren't exactly cheaper handbags, either.

http://www.lovinmybags.com/products.html

Edited to add, the kits also have a product called "Shine Restore" and works wonderful should your aging bag ever lose it's sheen. I have applied this to a Balenciaga to restore its shine after I mistakenly put a product on it that was NOT Ph balanced for leather and it shined her right up and enhanced her color. The kit also comes with a product called "For Handles Only" and this will protect lighter colored handles from darkening due to the oils and dirt in your hands. This one is not meant to be used on the body of the bag. Handles only, and imo, only on lighter colored handles.

Last edited:
Wow thats crazy to hear, the corners are wearing down? :wtf: Please posts pics when you can, I'd be curious to see because I set my bag down on carpet when I'm at home or at my desk at work, but thats about it, otherwise its always on my arm, mine hasn't worn down on the corners yet and I've been wearing mine for a couple of weeks now...

I noticed my espresso sabrina corners doing the same thing after a month of use also, so I put her away for a while. I only set her on the carpet at home, on the seat of my car, and in my locker at work. I don't have any problems with my black, teal, steel, or cranberry corners...maybe it's the espresso color...it may be a more delicate color? I just took the advice of camommyof3 and ordered some LMB Feel Soft Moisturizer and LMB Pro-Treatment, so I hope this will help. I know the espresso is very hard to find right now, so I don't want to take the chance of sending mine back...I might never see it again! I also have some light scratches on my teal sabrina (on the top, near the zipper), so I hope this product will help with them also!

I just noticed my magenta Sabrina doing the same thing on one corner. The only difference is that I've had my Sabrina since September (or was it October?) and have used her almost exclusively since then.

I noticed my espresso sabrina corners doing the same thing after a month of use also, so I put her away for a while. I only set her on the carpet at home, on the seat of my car, and in my locker at work. I don't have any problems with my black, teal, steel, or cranberry corners...maybe it's the espresso color...it may be a more delicate color? I just took the advice of camommyof3 and ordered some LMB Feel Soft Moisturizer and LMB Pro-Treatment, so I hope this will help. I know the espresso is very hard to find right now, so I don't want to take the chance of sending mine back...I might never see it again! I also have some light scratches on my teal sabrina (on the top, near the zipper), so I hope this product will help with them also!

luvnlife, please update us on how the LMB products worked for you. I just read that you should wait 24 hrs between applying the Feel Soft Moisturizer and the Pro Treatment. I guess this will maximize the moisturizing effect. I think you will see a noticeable difference in the way your bag looks and feels. You'll also further protect her from dirt and oil stains. The Pro Treatment works like magic. Do as the instructions say and test a small area until you are comfortable. I will say that when I treated my Cherry Sabrina, not a single speck of red came off on the makeup sponge I used. And it in no way took away any of the sheen on my Sabrina. If anything, it enchanced it.

*I am in No way affiliated with Lovin My Bags. My friends and I just love and swear by their products.

same with my berry sabrina...i thik it has to do with the soft leather and also because of the shape of the bag...i guess i could try the leather conditioner? perhaps take before and after pics?

That makes me mad to know if there are problems with this color!! I am also afraid that if I bring her back, they won't be able to replace it. I am pretty sure this color is sold out. I haven't Appled her yet because I was kind of weary using it since the store said not to use their conditioner, but I see there are other threads that say its okay to use Apple.

Do you guys think I should put some Apple on her? If I buy the product listed above, should I also try and use Apple conditioner or just wait?

All the edges are showing signs of wear, but here is a picture of the worst one. I also noticed a scratch in the leather in the middle of the bag today. I'm so mad!!

Attachments

• edge.JPG
    edge.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 511
  • scratch.JPG
    scratch.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 455
Wow, this is awful. I am sorry this happened to you FG. I think you can fix it by applying some apple but I am not sure since I've never used the product myself. I had not had any problems with mine yet but I've only used it a handful of times. We shall see :s