"The Ebay Effect" on CNBC now

1. There is a show on CNBC right now called "The eBay Effect" and it's talking about what eBay is doing to try and prevent fraud on it's site.

Really interesting program.:flowers:

2. Durn! I would have liked to have seen that (since it seems to most of us here that eBay isn't doing anything but MAKING MONEY!!!).

3. i read a report that said Lv and other companies were sueing eBay b/c they weren't doing enough to prevent fakes from being sold!

4. I would have liked to see this too! :sad: Did anybody watch it and remember anything interesting from it?

5. Analysts worry that the case could do a potential harm to eBay. However, a Federal Court has ruled that eBay can't be held responsible for copyright-protected products that are sold in their site, as long as the website removes the goods aptly when found!

6. That ebay effect show is a rerun and is about a year old.

7. Please, they obviously haven't been watching the GUCCI auctions -some scammer has been selling FAKES for less than $75 and then charging a high shipping charge of $40 - or something like that, you'd think eBay would catch on and STOP these people when they have at least 25 auctions in a roll -one right after another!! Dah!!!!

8. Yeah! That sounds good but ebay get rid of me too....A Honest seller with all authentic items :crybaby:

9. Yeah, I feel for you. I am on the same boat. :crybaby:

10. gosh, i'm sorry, i'm just waiting for them to ban me too:hysteric:...make room in that boat for me gals, i'm sure my days are numbered!!!

11. I wouldn't say that. Hopefully you will have better luck than myself. Good luck!

12. That's funny....I recently reported a fake MJ venetia that was listed on ebay and I kept watching the auction just to see what would happen....

It sold for $405 to +$15 shipping...

yes, really sounds like they're trying to prevent fraud

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice