The Duggar's Reality Show Thread

^^lol I noticed. What do you think the odds are that his (now) wife and his MIL will end up pregnant at the same time?
Also, did she look scared to anyone else when he proposed?

didn't they only get engaged after a few months?? i'd probably be scared too!!

my cousin said she wouldn't kiss her bf until they were engaged. probably a good thing for her that they got engaged only 4 months after becoming officially a couple (but they had been friends for over 2 years). that takes more will power than i have!

The Duggars are a regular topic of conversation at lunch in my office. We're all highly entertained by their lifestyle.

I haven't had the chance to watch the show (10pm is too late for me). I don't know how I feel about them. They seem like nice relatively normal people (as compared to other very conservative religious folks we see on TV), but it doesn't seem right to me, given their moral convictions, to be accepting payment and blasting their life all over television. Just my opinion.

The Duggars' cousin was cracking me up with regard to the 'no kissing before you're married' rule :lol: "Yes, I've kissed a boy already....oops!! Sorry, Uncle Jim Bob , Aunt Michelle" and how she put the father on the spot about kissing before they were married :faint: Also, did you notice the one armed hugs they gave each other? Like let's not risk our parts touching :nogood::blush: I swear this show is just providing too much material to discuss.

I do admire the fact that they hold true to their convictions, although not conventional, it's still a nice virtue. :angel:

I completely understand wanting to wait to have sex until you're married but the thing I don't understand in regards to waiting to even kiss is what makes you more than "friends"? At least for me, I'd want to know we had chemistry. I also can't imagine my first kiss being at my wedding.

so i finally watched the 2 episodes last night..... and wow... can you say AWKWARD?!?!?! especially the proposal.... i mean they gave each other like a buddy hug...

i thought it was slightly disturbing that once the gf came to arkansas after them being engaged that he took her around to everywhere saying "this is where we'll live.... and this is where you will work... and this is what we will do......" although i have to say i was very surprised that the house wasn't on their land...even tho it belonged to the family.. i thought for sure after building that huge house of theirs that they had plenty of land to make more 'family homes' so that their kids could live on the same property.

loved the cousin, she looks fun!

I have flipped channels and seen about 10 minutes of this show. Waaaaay too wholesome for me too. I feel like taking that mother out to a male strip show and getting her drunk. Who is that straightlaced all the time???