THE dress: Michelle Obama's gown

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jan 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
    Who made Michelle Obama's gown?

Just after posting, I find it: http://www.forbes.com/style/2009/01/21/obama-gown-fashion-forbeslife-cx_jp_ls_0121style.html

In an era where fashion is more about celebrity than design, Obama, 45, has not chosen the obvious fashion stalwarts to line her wardrobe, such as former first lady favorite Oscar De La Renta, but instead has embraced a new generation of American fashion, starting with Chicago native Maria Pinto and culminating with a cream, one-shouldered, Grecian-style frock designed by Taipei, Taiwan-born, New York-based design Jason Wu.

2. I loved Michelle's dress! She was so elegant and radiant. Hair makeup everything perfect.

Jason Wu has a great collection too!

3. I really like the dress, but i don't think it suits her. And i don't think she was very confortable in it, at least from what i saw on some news.

4. intheevent, I just love your avatar, they look so happy and in love too

5. Beautiful dress, she looked regal.

6. Jason Wu's career is about to take off.

7. i loved the fact that jason wu found it what she wore when everyone else did: while watching the inauguration.

8. For real? How cool!

I like the dress. I think she looked awesome! But I didn't love her in that particular dress.

9. I loved Michelle's inaugual outfit as well as the Jason Wu dress. She's on her way to being a fashion icon. I'm so glad she went against the grain with her color for the inauguation.

10. I loved the dress and thought she looked beautiful.

11. I didn't like the color of her inaugural attire at first glance, but after spending hours looking at the tv, her garb began to grow on me.

Her ball dress fit her well.

12. #12 Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
    She wore another of his designs when she was on the Barbara Walters show late last year.

[​IMG]

I love how versatile she is with her style. She always tends to pair high fashion with everyday looks. I remember when she was out on the campaign trail, she wore an H&M dress... then the next day she wore one from Narciso Rodriguez. It just shows how fashion conscious she is, and her looks really resonate with her charming personality.

13. I thought it looked sort of ripped and sort of like the new Mui Mui for fall. Honestly, I thought it was sort of edgy, but not in a great way, and definitely not sophisticated. I like some of her clothing pics but nothing ever seems to fit her right. I just don't get what all the fuss is about.

14. I loved it on her! I'm happy to see someone pull off color so gracefully and I hope she keeps taking these fab fashion risks.

15. Yes, she had several dresses to choose from.