The dreaded Hermes *Price Hike*...

How many times a year do they do this? If they do one this severe again this year, things will be officially getting out of hand. Pretty sure I don't see Tiffanys or Chanel bumping their prices up that much, every single year, multiple times.

Designers are really bad for price hikes - Tiffany and Chanel are horrible too! I remember some of my silver Peretti pieces selling for under $100 to maybe $100 even, and now they're all up to $150 for a silver necklace, all within 5 years - that's a 50% increase!

Chanel is just as bad - not sure if you buy their stuff, but the classics are going up by around 25%... apparently some of the girls have seen the new tags, and the flaps that were around $1600 will be around $2100 on Feb 1 :yucky:

So PBC and I were at H store in Houston today bc it was the last day b4 the dreaded price hike. Our SA confirmed w/ us that the price hike starting tomorrow will affect RTW, shoes and bags. Jewelry, incl. bracelets will not be affected in the price hike. Small leather accessories incl. belts will not be affected until Feb 15th. Just in time for Vday!!! HTH!!! Picked me up a lil something something b4 the hike tomorrow!!!:graucho: :graucho:

There is no set percentage. It varies from item to item. For example, we have one exceptional piece that increased 20% but we also have some other bags that only went up $50 (less than 1%).

So PBC and I were at H store in Houston today bc it was the last day b4 the dreaded price hike. Our SA confirmed w/ us that the price hike starting tomorrow will affect RTW, shoes and bags. Jewelry, incl. bracelets will not be affected in the price hike. Small leather accessories incl. belts will not be affected until Feb 15th. Just in time for Vday!!! HTH!!! Picked me up a lil something something b4 the hike tomorrow!!!:graucho: :graucho:

ok, mvgirl - i left you and PBC alone and you already did damage! you better spill it out before the night is over! :nuts:

*crosses fingers that the super beautiful rose shocking chevre Bolide at South Park didn't go up by $500*

though I doubt it matters since I won't be able to get it until August...or another one...since I know that one will be sold to some lucky lady :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:oh she's in my dreams now...with a black ruffled cotton dress, heels, a tied off white blouse, and a matching scarf....omg I'm going to cry!! lol!!

My SA said she doesn't know what the % is yet and won't know til tomorrow. What I wasn't told was that NOT everything will go up tomorrow ... hm, guess that gives me more time to re-evaluate what to get.

From what I was told the percentage will vary...on most bags you will see between 5% and 10%. I was told it depends on the bag and what leather etc. Who knows anymore...so many stories. We are stuck whatever it is!