The Divine Dionysus Club

Hi everyone,

I'm not one to ever make comments or posts on the internet (let alone purseforum) but my heart is bleeding at the moment with the state of my Dionysus. I have the mini in GG supreme canvas. I purchased it 2nd hand in 2018. It was in perfect condition. I've used it about 6 times in total -- all lightly used (as jawdropping as the bag is, it's not a practical bag for my lifestyle to be worn regularly). Just to note that I'm careful with all my bags. I even have Chanel lambskins that I'd carry daily and never had any issues with them.

I was cleaning my Dionysus yesterday (I clean all my designer bags after every single use) and noticed these yellow bits of residue. Initially I thought I could just get out my cleaner and wipe it off but the more I did, the more yellow residue revealed. I panicked and I was almost in tears. Then I started noticing more and more yellow spots across the bag. Took me awhile to finally deduce that the canvas is peeling off which exposes these yellow, sticky marks.

I've searched all over the internet to see if anyone has the same issue with their Dionysus but it didn't seem like it at all! Now I'm panicking thinking 1) it's a fake 2) it can never be repaired again.

I'm in tears, girls. Please help if you have any experience like this! I'm so terribly upset... I am so grateful for anyone who is here to help and can offer any piece of advise at all.

(I've attached one photo of the bag when worn and modelled just to get the overall look of the bag. The rest are the defected bits)

IMG_5705.JPG

IMG_6607.JPG

IMG_6582.JPG

IMG_6581.JPG

IMG_6580.JPG

IMG_6579.JPG

Reactions: Strep2031
Hi everyone,

I'm not one to ever make comments or posts on the internet (let alone purseforum) but my heart is bleeding at the moment with the state of my Dionysus. I have the mini in GG supreme canvas. I purchased it 2nd hand in 2018. It was in perfect condition. I've used it about 6 times in total -- all lightly used (as jawdropping as the bag is, it's not a practical bag for my lifestyle to be worn regularly). Just to note that I'm careful with all my bags. I even have Chanel lambskins that I'd carry daily and never had any issues with them.

I was cleaning my Dionysus yesterday (I clean all my designer bags after every single use) and noticed these yellow bits of residue. Initially I thought I could just get out my cleaner and wipe it off but the more I did, the more yellow residue revealed. I panicked and I was almost in tears. Then I started noticing more and more yellow spots across the bag. Took me awhile to finally deduce that the canvas is peeling off which exposes these yellow, sticky marks.

I've searched all over the internet to see if anyone has the same issue with their Dionysus but it didn't seem like it at all! Now I'm panicking thinking 1) it's a fake 2) it can never be repaired again.

I'm in tears, girls. Please help if you have any experience like this! I'm so terribly upset... I am so grateful for anyone who is here to help and can offer any piece of advise at all.

(I've attached one photo of the bag when worn and modelled just to get the overall look of the bag. The rest are the defected bits)

View attachment 4877714

View attachment 4877715

View attachment 4877716

View attachment 4877717

View attachment 4877718

View attachment 4877719

That is weird, take it Gucci to take a look. Could be the stuff you keep cleaning it with doesn't agree with the coated canvas.

I'm really keen on getting the mini dionysus in white leather (its so gorgeous in person!) but am quite concern on the care of it. Anyone had any issues with their dionysus? I've read some where that the crystals from the metal hardware will drop off after some time.

Hi everyone!
I am deciding what bag to get for my birthday next year. This will be my first major luxury purchase - I have a Gucci Marmont WOC (black leather) and Saint Laurent Kate WOC (brown croc leather with faded gold tassel), and love both. So far, I have narrowed down to Chanel Classic WOC (Black)/ Gucci Dionysus Small (pre-fall 2020 brown leather)/ Louis Vuitton Pochette Métis in black. My priority is that the bag should be easy to care for, and should retain some of its value over time.

I assume there will be heaps of people here with all three. Would you mind sharing your opinion, especially on the Dionysus?

If I had 2 WOC, then I would not get a third. Unless of course, that is your favorite bag and you know you will use the most. you know? but on the other hand, I'm not sure the dionysus or the metus will hold value long term. I'm already seeing the metis pouchette on the pre-loved market going down in price. Which I never used to see, if I saw them at all.

have you gone and looked at them in person?

Reactions: BIGUANIDE
Either small Dionysus or pochette Métis. Both are much larger than a woc and can hold way more. I would forget about holding value. Your likely to lose money later if you have to sell. A few things to think about: Dionysus small cannot be worn crossbody. This is a special bag imo and a work of art. I have a small in pink leather. I do not wear the bag everyday. It’s not a smooshy leather, easy to shop with type of bag. But it’s a stunning piece that will bring you compliments. Pm is a great and easy everyday bag (on the smaller side) but they are everywhere. Nothing unique about it. Because it doesn’t have a chain strap and can go crossbody it’s a bit more comfortable. But it all depends what you like and what you want.

Chanel Woc fits what you are looking for. It is both easy to care for and it does retain its value. Its possible you might sell your old WOC once you have this. :smile:

Dionysus on the other hand may not retain much of its value but it is also a very care free bag. There is a small size canvas version that has a longer strap and no divider in the middle. Check it out in their website if you like crossbody.

Pm empriente black is very functional and may or may not hold its value depending on its condition. Its quality is not at par with the other two. It still has its usual wear and tear issues (the flap cracking, rub marks on the leather where the strap is hooked and the leather sagging especially in front if always stuffed with items) even if you are very careful with it. If you are thinking of a forever bag, I highly suggest the PM. It can be dressed up or down. :smile:

Advance happy birthday! :smile:

Reactions: BIGUANIDE