The dirty deed is done..

Gimmi

O.G.
Feb 6, 2010
Have just ordered reg Ink Alexa with express shipping from Harrods. Was terrified of buying this bag unseen but had to get it!

I saw Alexa IRL in Westfields ages ago and didn't like the leather, it was that plasticky type. Really disappointing.

But the pics on this forum have been so gorgeous that I've been obsessed for the past few weeks. Then I saw the OS version at HOF yesterday and it was beeeeyoootiful. Was tempted to get it then and there but don't need the larger size.

Have had so many issues with getting one of these: strap length, leather quality and also my age - bcs I am...errr...over 49 :graucho:;)

I just hope the leather is OK, has anyone bought one from Harrods online?

It was Lola's pics what finally done me in! It's been a toss up between Ink Daria Satchel and Alexa for some time but Daria will have to wait.

Gimmi, I have used Harrods online far too many times, ;) - not for Mulberry I have to add, but each purchase has been super easy.

Big congrats on biting the bullet and getting an Inky, its such a gorgeous colour and I am sure you will get a super good one!

Looking forward to your reveal.

Congratulations! Lola's new alexa is indeed gorgeous and I can quite understand why it pushed you over the edge, lol. You must be feeling very excited right now. I know you have reservations but on the bright side, it seems that as amongst the ladies on here the ink colour seems to have had the least variations. Several people reported problems of inconsistent leather quality with the oak, I may be wrong but i think that only one lady had problems with the ink. Fingers crossed, you should be lucky I think.

Please come back and do us some lovely 'reveal' shots when it arrives! It is so comfortable worn messenger style, I really hope that you will love it xx

Hi gimmi, i don't know if I should feel guilty or pleased that my little reveal yesterday sent you down the Ink Alexa path!

Like you I had thought long and hard about it, but I'm very pleased I finally went for it. The SA yesterday told me that she felt the quality was more consistent now, so hopefully yours will be a good example.

As for age - there is no one specific age for this bag. I think every age group can wear this bag with style and panache.

Make sure you post photos when she arrives. I'll be interested to see who she compares to mine.