The Dior Diorama Thread

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I saw the Diorama in person yesterday at the Dior store in Chevy Chase, MD. I did not like it at all...they had the one in Rose Poudre. Maybe because I am used to the Chanel Boy.

2. I finally saw them today too in person and I agree. It's a lovely bag but it looks too much like a Boy. I'd rather get a Be Dior or Miss Dior.

3. Saw them today. Not impressed either. the leather is fine but it didn't have the suppleness and the luxurious feeling as on other bags. Also the chain looks too bulky, too much like a Boy. None of the patterns/paintings made the bags stand out either.

4. Love it.....

Attached Files:

YBcozYnot likes this.
  5. Leather is beautifully supple...

Attached Files:

6. Chain is very detailed. Cleverly hollowed to minimise weight and engraved...

Attached Files:

7. Fastening is enamelled and engraved and very easy to operate...

Attached Files:

8. roomy interior with slip and zip pockets...

Attached Files:

9. Looks gorgeous!!!!

Why do some dust bags have a swan? Does it mean something?

10. Thank you Honey. The swan dustbags are given out by the SAs, I think with some it's random and some give them to favourite clients ;)

11. Congratulations! You got the green colour that you liked!

The chain looks very light based on its design.

12. Good to know!

Thanks for posting the detailed pics. This bag despite looking a bit like the Boy is very sophisticated/elegant.

I like that I won't see everyone in my area carrying this bag.

13. The swan is actually artwork from René Gruau for Dior. This is from (I think) 1949 and it was for Dior's Miss Dior advertisements. Now it is part of the heritage of the brand, given that René Gruau did a number of other pieces for Dior's other fragrances.

Attached Files:

14. Thank you AJ. Yes, I really like the latte asymmetrical design also, but this is lighter as it has the grossgrain interior not leather. The chain is beautiful. The open backed links and engraving make it like a piece of jewellery. :smile:

15. You're welcome Honey. I've tried really hard to buy a Boy, the chains are just not long enough for me at 5'9" and the bag is too heavy. I wanted a "go to" easy care, smart bag I can wear cross body when required and this is just perfect. I also like to be wear something less mainstream :tup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice