The difference between Chanel Quilted Caviar Woc made in Spain and Italy

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access is now open to Nordstrom card members! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away eight $200 gift cards to 8 lucky TPFers during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello Ladies,

I literally put myself on 15 different wait list for this bag because when I called my local NM in Palo Alto they said they had about 500 people on the wait list. Then I called Chanel in SF and they told me it's about a year wait list and they aren't taking anymore names. I thought I wasn't able to get one for a long time. I started my journey on Nov. 1st and got a call Nov. 20 and then started this week from Chanel in Hawaii, BG, and NM in MI. They are starting to get tons in.

I was really lucky that I was able to score 2 Wallet on chain's made from Italy and Spain brand new. To me the difference is the puffiness of the caviar. Hope that helps other buyers. Before my preference was France or Italy just for the fact I wanted from there but I didn't realize there is a difference between the quality

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1385594300.633900.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1385594321.133607.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1385594431.556647.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1385594461.624825.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1385594499.227810.jpg

2. The top 2 pictures Italy is the top one and bottom is Spain

Left one is Spain Right is Italy.

Made in Italy seems a little bigger than the Spain one. Made in Spain is much more puffy and the Italy is more flat.

3. Which is the puffier one? I must say that I wasn't a fan of WOCs because they always looked so flat to me but your left one looks more comparable in puffiness to classic flaps.

Congrats on a happy ending to your search!!

4. Ha you answered while I wrote my ques

5. Yes! The more puffier one is made in Spain on the Left. =)

6. Wow!

7. Spain one is better

8. I like better the one made in Spain

9. Interesting how different they can be...

10. Are you keeping both?

11. I can't believe the huge discrepancies!!

12. Thanks for sharing the differences.

13. No, one is going to my Mom and the other is mine. I'm keeping the made in Spain. :smile:

14. I bought two black caviar woc, one with silver hardware and one with gold hardware at the same time. Both are made in Spain. However one has leather which is shinier and with puffier quilting and the other has leather which is duller and flatter. So even two of the same WOC styles with just different hardware color can vary in leather quality even if from same country of origin.

15. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1385721204.659391.jpg

I just purchased this does it look flat or puffy? I think it looks shiny :smile: not sure where it's made yet will post once I receive!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice