The "Did That Just Happen?" Reveal

Dawn

seriously?
O.G.
Sep 2, 2006
I have been stalking the LV website for what feels like forever. I've called the 1800 number to find out about waitlists but was always discouraged by the sheer number of people ahead of me. I was *this* close to the bag last week but lost it in a matter of 10 mins (while I was on hold).

Last week, the bag kept showing up on the LV site with a "Place in Cart" button, but when I'd try to do so, it would say it was out of stock. :annoyed: Then it would have the dreaded "Call for Availability" instead of the place in cart button...and this went on for days and days. I probably tried to put it in my cart 298 times. Maybe more. ;)

Another member posted yesterday that she successfully purchased this bag on the LV site after also trying to add it to her cart for days - and it finally worked! There surely could have only been one, right? But a few minutes later, IT ADDED TO MY CART. I grabbed my debit card and purchased the bag with overnight shipping before I even knew what was happening.

I was so nervous that my order would be cancelled or be in limbo for days with them telling me it should have never gone through...but lo and behold, just a few hours later, I got a shipping notification!

I ordered at about 3:15pm EST yesterday and it arrived at 11am today! I think it helps that I'm on the east coast but that is the fastest overnight shipping I've ever seen. Totally worth the extra $$!

So with all of that said, here's my little unboxing of my new Mono Pochette Metis. It looks great - no flaws that I can see. Straight lock, no dings or scratches. I think the only thing I noticed was the vachetta handle looked a little like it could have been a display since it's not absolutely bright and pristine, but I'm not going to send it back over that. The glazing looks good - it's thicker in some spots and not perfectly even everywhere but again, not going to send it back because of that.

I still can't believe I got one! Thanks for reading - and if you're still after the PM - do not give up!!!

Attachments

• IMG_6688.JPG
    IMG_6688.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 976
  • IMG_6689.JPG
    IMG_6689.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,001
  • IMG_6692.JPG
    IMG_6692.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 973
Congratulations!! Glad that you finally got the bag you wanted! I have been after this bag myself and I keep trying constantly online as well. I'm on the wait list at my local LV too. I'm not giving up hope yet! Enjoy your beautiful new bag!

I have been stalking the LV website for what feels like forever. I've called the 1800 number to find out about waitlists but was always discouraged by the sheer number of people ahead of me. I was *this* close to the bag last week but lost it in a matter of 10 mins (while I was on hold).

Last week, the bag kept showing up on the LV site with a "Place in Cart" button, but when I'd try to do so, it would say it was out of stock. :annoyed: Then it would have the dreaded "Call for Availability" instead of the place in cart button...and this went on for days and days. I probably tried to put it in my cart 298 times. Maybe more. ;)

Another member posted yesterday that she successfully purchased this bag on the LV site after also trying to add it to her cart for days - and it finally worked! There surely could have only been one, right? But a few minutes later, IT ADDED TO MY CART. I grabbed my debit card and purchased the bag with overnight shipping before I even knew what was happening.

I was so nervous that my order would be cancelled or be in limbo for days with them telling me it should have never gone through...but lo and behold, just a few hours later, I got a shipping notification!

I ordered at about 3:15pm EST yesterday and it arrived at 11am today! I think it helps that I'm on the east coast but that is the fastest overnight shipping I've ever seen. Totally worth the extra $$!

So with all of that said, here's my little unboxing of my new Mono Pochette Metis. It looks great - no flaws that I can see. Straight lock, no dings or scratches. I think the only thing I noticed was the vachetta handle looked a little like it could have been a display since it's not absolutely bright and pristine, but I'm not going to send it back over that. The glazing looks good - it's thicker in some spots and not perfectly even everywhere but again, not going to send it back because of that.

I still can't believe I got one! Thanks for reading - and if you're still after the PM - do not give up!!!

Wow! You lucky lady. Persistence paid off. :smile:

Congrats. I'm curious. How much do you stalk? How many times do you check ? I have been watching something and I check maybe twice a day. I'm beginning to think that's not enough dedication.

Congrats. I'm curious. How much do you stalk? How many times do you check ? I have been watching something and I check maybe twice a day. I'm beginning to think that's not enough dedication.
Thanks ;) I'm on a computer all day for work (and work from home) so I had the LV site open most days and would attempt to add it when I remembered. Sometimes several times an hour and sometimes not for hours.

Reactions: LemonDrop

Yaaaaaay!!!! Yes, never give up!!! So happy for you [emoji162][emoji177][emoji162][emoji177]