Books & Music The Devil Wears Prada - Book.

carpediem.

pressuremakesdiamond
Aug 2, 2009
I know this book (and movie) are fairly old, but I just finished reading the book, and then I watched the movie again. And I have to say, the movie doesn't even hold a candle to the book. I loveee that book!

The movie is good, but the book is definitely amazing! I've read it 3 times!

Get Everything Worth Knowing also by Lauren Weisberger... very good as well.

i always like books better than movies...but my one exception to this rule so far has been the devil wears prada. i didnt love the book, it was ok. i thought the movie was better because you could see all the fashion!

I have the book sitting on my book shelf but have never read it. I think I'm going to start reading it after I'm done with the series I'm currently reading.

I liked the movie better, it made Miranda seem a little more likable. I also didn't like the Lily character or the storyline in the book. Maybe it's because I saw the movie first, I don't know.

Yes, the Miranda in the movie definately wasn't as bad as the Miranda in the book. But I think I liked the Miranda in the book better, lol. The movie didn't show just how much Andy's life had changed as far as her and her boyfriend and her and Lily. I thought the movie was boring ... aside from the fashion.

I liked the movie better, it made Miranda seem a little more likable. I also didn't like the Lily character or the storyline in the book. Maybe it's because I saw the movie first, I don't know.

^
Same here! I liked the Miranda in the book better because she was that much more crazier and I thought this was a central element in the book and having her be more likable in the movie just took that whole aspect away.

but I love both the book AND the movie! Have the book...need to get the DVD!

I love the movie, but I love the book ten times more. Miranda is nowhere near mean enough in the movie! And I don't like who Lily and Alex became in the movie. Why did they feel the need to change his name to Nate? I'll never understand. I didn't even like Christian in the movie. Everyone just seemed so different in the movie, and I liked them way better in the book.

The movie was a lot of fun and I enjoyed the cast and fashion, but it was very different from the book and I preferred the story told in the book, which I loved. I agree that it's the side characters who suffered the most in the movie, but they really did soften Miranda up a lot, too, and I think her character was better in the book.

In the movie I missed things like the whole Lily storyline and Cara's character and disliked how Christian had to have a "bad guy" agenda.