The DAY vs. The CLUB: Opinions? Advice? Thanks!!!

cooper1

wag more, bark less
O.G.
Aug 11, 2007
Hi everyone!
I have searched this subforum for modelling pix of the Club and have found very few. I love the style of the Day and also like the looks of the Club. I love shoulder hobos, so one of these styles (or both!) would work well for me.
Can anyone please tell me the pros and cons of the Day vs. the Club and why you like one style over the other?
Thanks so much!

I have never owned a Club, but my guess is the Club is shallower than the Day so it would probably be easier to find your stuff in, and smaller too of course! Personally though, I love the look of the Day much more and there is more gorgeous Bal leather to drape and huge your body...! HTH!:flowers:

^ I don't have a Club either, but I do agree with scoobiesmomma on the above. I think the Club has a back zipper pocket though which I like. I would love to have a Club one day.

I love my Club. More versatile and unusual than the Day and fewer fakes around. Easy to find stuff, back pocket is very handy. It is one of my favorite bags and does have some good slouch and hugs the body while still maintaining some structure. I **love** it.

I'm trying to post some pics but they are too large. I'll try to get that fixed. In the meantime I think the Club would work better for someone who likes shoulder hobos. I like big shoulder totes, and the Club is, relatively, one of my smaller bags. It is very comfortable for daily use. I go back and forth about getting a Day, and almost bought a yummy Folder tonight. As a Club girl, I'd say that you should go for the Day if you are looking for an iconic Balenciaga piece, but get the Club if you are looking for a cool, useful large hobo-ish bag that has the smooshy Bal leather and other appealing features, but may not be as instantly recognizable to those not in the know.

I would LOVE to see some modelling pix with the Club! I only found one in the modelling reference thread.
I am 5'4" if that helps, and I do love the bottom panel of the Club, and the back zipper.....
Hmmm.....

I'm 5'3" and I have and love both! I find my club to be beautiful--slouchy, yet more manageable than the day (I can find my stuff without rummaging for it!). That being said, days are gorgeous--love how it (as Scoobiesmomma said) "drapes to your body!"). To me, the club is a bit more formal and intense, while the day is laid back and casual (!). They are both amazing styles.

Hey Coop!! Knowing you and the size of the bags you've owned in the past I KNOW you would LOVE the Day!! The Day hangs and slouches wonderfully...better than any hobo I've had :yes:.
The club just seems to be too small.

I think the Day is awesome.. For some reason it looks good on everyone, well all the pretty ladies on tPF at least.. I think it will be my first Bal. I'm already on the hunt.. So my vote goes for the Day..

Here are some quick pics (not great, lol) that shows the difference in size between the City, the Club, and the Day. The Club was said by someone on tpf (can't remember who) to be more like the City with the strap of a Day. It's size is more comparable to the City as you can see in the pics although the bottom is wider. I love both, but you can be a little more organized with the Club than the Day. The Day does have a nice drape and is very lightweight. I am 5"4", too, and certainly don't have a problem wearing the Day. Hope these help.

CityClubDay001.jpg

CityClubDay002.jpg

CityClubDay004.jpg

I prefer the Day but I think that the Club is a nice option for those who are petite or prefer smaller bags. I found the Club big enough for my things and loved the zipper on the back but prefer the size and slouchiness of the Day. I'm medium height and used to the way the Day falls on me so I felt like there was some bag missing when I tried the Club.

My favorite bag is the Day but I really really like my club and it is in covered giant hardware. It is a really easy bag to carry like the Day but with a little more structure which I like sometimes. It holds as much as the day and I really like the back zipper. If you can find a club that you like, I would get it first because they aren't making them for now and don't know if they will bring them back. You can always find a Day style. I did a modeling pic with my club on the pics only thread and will try to do another pic tomorrow.