Books & Music The Day the Music Died, fifty one years ago today.

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. The beginning is, but also about the 60's: the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan and the Beatles as well...

2. Here is a really cool interpretation of the lyrics of American Pie.

http://wilstar.com/midi/americanpie.htm

3. I remember when it happened. We lived in Minnesota at the time and since it happened near Clear Lake, Iowa, it seemed as if the tragedy was practically next door. I was pretty young, but we knew who they were and heard the music on the radio. It's hard to believe it was that long ago. God, I'm old.

The aviation-related deaths always hit me hardest: Rick Nelson, Stevie Ray Vaughn (happened not far from where we lived), Lynard Skynrd, Patsy Cline, Jim Croce.

4. Everyday by Buddy Holly is a good song.

5. It's hard to believe it's been 51 years...........I remember when it happened!

6. R.I.P. Buddy, Ritchie and the Big Bopper.

7. GREAT thread!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanx everyone!!!!

8. Hi.

If it's okay with everyone, I'd like to resurrect this thread, since two Thursdays ago would have been the anniversary of the crash.

9. A long, long time ago
    I can still remember
    When the music used to make us smile

10. Defo not true- Elvis is the only King in my world!!:biggrin: as a brit who is scared of flying only Elvis could get me on a plane for 10 hours every year just to see his house!!

11. I really love Buddy Holly's music. I still listen to it often.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice