The damier speedy is much more common here

Sabine

O.G.
Apr 12, 2006
I heard people say the mono speedy is the most common but here in amsterdam you see an crazy amount of damier ebene speedys, some azur and only à hand full of mono speedys

I think damier ebene speedy is gaining popularity nowadays due to its relatively low maintenance compared to mono. But I suspect any of the "classic" speedys will be a common sight in most places - mono, damier ebene and azur. Part of the reason why I am more inclined to go for the LE speedys and perhaps the mon mono. It feels nice to be differentiated sometimes.

I noticed when I was at the kop mall saturday that I saw mostly Damier ebene speedies. I also saw a monty but my mom said she saw atleast 3 of them not counting her monty. I also saw a Damier ebene neverfull. but yeah point is I saw mostly Damier. and mc bag was the only mc bag I saw

I see much more Ebene here (Canada) than Mono, and very little Azur other than wallets. Probably because of our bad/unpredictable weather - I'd love a Mono bag with the trim of the Ebene, because I'm scared of ruining the vachetta. I know some people like the look of aged vachetta but to me it looks dirty.

Would it have anything to do with the weather? I am woefully ignorant about what Amsterdam is like but I would imagine colder wet climates would lend themselves more to Damier.

Edit - Tiggycat pretty muchy said the same thing, so I agree hehe