The damier speedy is much more common here

Sabine

O.G.
Apr 12, 2006
The Netherlands
I heard people say the mono speedy is the most common but here in amsterdam you see an crazy amount of damier ebene speedys, some azur and only à hand full of mono speedys

Jun 9, 2010
US/Italy
Really??
Thank god here it's not that common.. actually you can see tons of mono and even azur ones.. but not so many ebene speedy's!

Yikkie

Avid Purse Lover!
O.G.
May 26, 2008
A sunny, happy place!
I think damier ebene speedy is gaining popularity nowadays due to its relatively low maintenance compared to mono. But I suspect any of the "classic" speedys will be a common sight in most places - mono, damier ebene and azur. Part of the reason why I am more inclined to go for the LE speedys and perhaps the mon mono. It feels nice to be differentiated sometimes.

GearGirly

Oct 28, 2010
California
It's my favorite as well, and I only have one Speedy, the damier ebene. I can see why people prefer it, it is so easy to take care of!

Jan 15, 2009
I noticed when I was at the kop mall saturday that I saw mostly Damier ebene speedies. I also saw a monty but my mom said she saw atleast 3 of them not counting her monty. I also saw a Damier ebene neverfull. but yeah point is I saw mostly Damier. and mc bag was the only mc bag I saw

needlv

O.G.
Jan 11, 2008
Australia
I see mostly monoin the speedies around (in Australia), but damier is becoming more popular - particularly in the neverfull.

tiggycat

Jul 29, 2009
I see much more Ebene here (Canada) than Mono, and very little Azur other than wallets. Probably because of our bad/unpredictable weather - I'd love a Mono bag with the trim of the Ebene, because I'm scared of ruining the vachetta. I know some people like the look of aged vachetta but to me it looks dirty.

CookieLady

Baked Goods Goddess
Aug 24, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
Would it have anything to do with the weather? I am woefully ignorant about what Amsterdam is like but I would imagine colder wet climates would lend themselves more to Damier.

Edit - Tiggycat pretty muchy said the same thing, so I agree hehe