The D bags - What's the Difference?

This is the spot to post pictures and discuss the difference among the different types of D bags..a confusing subject.

Types
Original D-Bag
Original that is *slightly restyled*
Restyling D-Bag
New D-Bag, aka the D-Styling Bauletto

Last edited:
^ There're 3 type of D bags - the original D bag (no hardware), Restyling D (hardware), and the New D (no hardware and also known as D-styling Bauletto).

ms piggy - I have a question. I have the very original D-bag - no hardware and one newer one with hardware but I think there is an additional one that didn't have hardware as well. It is not the latest one and was in between the first D-bag (the vachetta one) and the later one with hardware. Is that correct?

ms piggy - I have a question. I have the very original D-bag - no hardware and one newer one with hardware but I think there is an additional one that didn't have hardware as well. It is not the latest one and was in between the first D-bag (the vachetta one) and the later one with hardware. Is that correct?

I think there was a slightly "restyled" one after the very original D-bag before the one with hardware. I think the difference was quite subtle but can't for the light of me remember what exactly. Do you have a pic of the vachetta one?

ms piggy

special breed
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
^ There're 3 type of D bags - the original D bag (no hardware), Restyling D (hardware), and the New D (no hardware and also known as D-styling Bauletto).

Sorry - when I copied this post over, it was out of order chronologically. So the actual thread starting post is #2...jburgh

Last edited by a moderator:
I also find the D-bags confusing. I just picked up two from the Cabazon outlet store. They're both labeled New Restyling D-bag Bauletto. They don't come with the detachable shoulder straps. The main top zippers are attached to each side with leather ties. The handle in the medio size is long enough to carry on shoulder and tuck under the arm, only if the bag is not too stuffed. Can anyone answer the following--

What year is this D-bag?

When did Tod's stop providing the detachable slim shoulder straps on the D-bag Bauletto?

TIA.