The Crown on Netflix

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...l-C-Hall-portray-President-Kennedy-Crown.html

EXCLUSIVE: Michael C. Hall and Jodi Balfour to play President John F. Kennedy and Jackie as America's First Family is introduced in second series of The Crown

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ay-President-Kennedy-Crown.html#ixzz4YDb0ONlr
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

They are the nearest thing to a royal couple America has ever seen.

So when telling the story of how the First Family of the US were introduced to the British monarch, it's important to get the casting just right.

Producers on the next series of the Netflix smash hit The Crown - which will document Queen Elizabeth II's reign over six seasons - have hired Michael C. Hall and Jodi Balfour to portray President John F. Kennedy and First Lady Jackie Kennedy.

Scroll down for video

+5
New addition: Producers on the next series of the Netflix smash hit The Crown - which will document Queen Elizabeth II's reign over six seasons - have hired Michael C. Hall to play President John F. Kennedy

Production on the new run has already begun shooting and Hall and Balfour are in the UK filming now.

Claire Foy will make a triumphant return to the show as the Queen, alongside Matt Smith, who plays Prince Philip.

RELATED ARTICLES
  • [URL='http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4208190/Michael-C-Hall-portray-President-Kennedy-Crown.html#']Previous
Share this article
The episode concerns a visit the Kennedys made to London in June, 1961. The visit was considered ‘tricky’ and ‘sensitive’ because, back then, divorcees were not invited to state dinners at Buckingham Palace.

Jackie had wanted her sister Princess Lee Radziwell, then on her second husband, to attend. The Queen was furious but reluctantly agreed.

146C8B1400000514-0-image-a-121_1486650382528.jpg

+5
Second coming: Claire Foy and Matt Smith will return to their roles as Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip in the new season, which will document the monarch's reign in the 1960s

33D63CC400000578-0-image-a-119_1486650238202.jpg

+5
History repeated: The episode concerns a visit the Kennedys made to London in June, 1961

15BF1531000005DC-0-image-a-120_1486650242163.jpg

+5
Spitting image: Jackie will be played by actress Jodi Balfour (above in Bomb Girls)

The episode will show that the Queen was clearly annoyed with Jackie Kennedy’s behaviour and the two didn’t get on particularly well.

However, when Jackie confided to the Queen that she found being on public view ‘exhausting’, the Queen confided to her: ’One gets crafty after a while and learns how to save oneself.'

The two women met again nine months later, but it was just the two of them and the visit was less frosty.

One of the production executives told Mail Online that once Hall - best known for her role in Dexter - has been through hair and make-up, 'he bears an uncanny resemblance to JFK'.

The Crown has become a huge hit for Netflix with the drama winning top awards at the Golden Globes and at the Screen Actors Guild awards, plus Best Actress in the TV categories at the Globes and SAGs for Foy.

3CCCDC6000000578-0-image-a-137_1486650566719.jpg

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ay-President-Kennedy-Crown.html#ixzz4YDb5pLzF
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook[/URL]

Reactions: cafecreme15
I can’t wait! I’ve been watching the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon to hold me over. I highly recommend it. This is probably the worst time of the year for it to premiere though; I’m absolutely swamped with work for the next 2 weeks. Will have to resist watching anything until then because I don’t have the self control to not binge watch and neglect my work.

I was up il 7AM watching the first 6 episodes! Mesmerizing! I will finish off tonight. I posted in the Netflix thread and will post here as well that there is a very interesting documentary on Netflix called Edward VIII-The Nazi King. It is only an hour and pairs perfectly with episode 4. Lots of interesting info!

Reactions: cafecreme15