The Courier - My 2007 Sleeper Hit!

hipnycmom

O.G.
Feb 13, 2007
I gave birth in November and have been looking for the perfect mom-and-baby (and 4-and 6- year olds) bag for a while now. Despite my deep love for Balenciaga, I pretty much ruled it out because I figured a City wouldn't work, the Work doesn't go over my shoulders nicely, the WE is HUGE, and the Day doesn't hold enough for all of us.

Well thanks to this forum, I discovered the Courier. I found a violet Courier on Real Deal Collection and it's perfect! The leather is thick and just distressed enough. The pockets are huge so I can keep my things separate from the baby's, and I don't have to go hunting around.. Best of all, I can spend the day shopping and still be hands free at the end of it all:yes:

I love how it looks, and prefer wearing it over the shoulder than cross-body. I'm only 5'2" but am not overwhelmed by it at all!! I highly recommend it to all mommies out there and everyone else looking for a B-bag that holds just a little more...

Shasta

Ms. GoLightly
O.G.
Aug 16, 2006
oooohhh! Yah! Pics, mom please. I am so in your world girl, just a few years more into it. My kids are 9, 8 and 4. i wish I would have known about the courier when I had my last baby.

drati

by the sea
O.G.
Oct 13, 2007
oooohhh! Yah! Pics, mom please. I am so in your world girl, just a few years more into it. My kids are 9, 8 and 4. i wish I would have known about the courier when I had my last baby.

Hey Shasta, same for me. I'm one year ahead of you, my three kids are 10, 8 (almost nine) and 5. :smile: Wish I had a courier when they were littler (come to think of it, I wouldn't mind having one now!).

Hipnymom, I'd love to see pictures of you modeling. Congratulations.

hipnycmom

O.G.
Feb 13, 2007
Ok, here they are:smile:

First, my Violet courier - lots and lots of luscious Bal leather:drool:
I love the leather on this bag - very thick and just the right amount of distressed. It still needs to be broken in:yes:

Attachments

• DSC01457.jpg
    DSC01457.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC01458.jpg
    DSC01458.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC01459.jpg
    DSC01459.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 44

hipnycmom

O.G.
Feb 13, 2007
What goes inside...

Outside pocket: 2 cellphones, keys, hand gel, pen
Inside pocket: long wallet, card case, coin purse (make-up kit;))
Main compartment: Patemm pad, blanket, outfits, diapers, wipes. And there is still room for SO MUCH MORE:tup:

Attachments

• DSC01465.jpg
    DSC01465.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC01467.jpg
    DSC01467.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC01470.jpg
    DSC01470.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 85

hgbags

O.G.
May 10, 2006
I'm so glad to hear that you like the Courier as a Baby Bag!! I just got the Shopping Style in preparation for my Baby that is coming in March. I will have to consider the Courier too! Glad to hear you don't feel overwhelmed with it. That was my main concern. Congrats on your new little one!!!!:yahoo:

hipnycmom

O.G.
Feb 13, 2007
And some modeling pics -please excuse my just-had-a-baby figure. i'm 5'2" and weigh tons:smile:

Pic 1: over the shoulder with strap at shortest length
Pic 2: Cross-body with strap lengthened
Pic 3: my Turqoise Day

Attachments

• violet07mod.jpg
    violet07mod.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 143
  • violet07mod2.jpg
    violet07mod2.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 133
  • turq05mod.jpg
    turq05mod.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 104

hipnycmom

O.G.
Feb 13, 2007
I'm so glad to hear that you like the Courier as a Baby Bag!! I just got the Shopping Style in preparation for my Baby that is coming in March. I will have to consider the Courier too! Glad to hear you don't feel overwhelmed with it. That was my main concern. Congrats on your new little one!!!!:yahoo:

Thanks, Erica! I do find it a bit large and harder to get into when worn cross-body (plus I sometimes wear my baby in a sling and I don't know how that would work LOL). But over the shoulder, the extra leather just tends to drape down and I think it looks just fine:smile: Good luck with your new addition!