The Constance

I just went to Hermes today, and they have the small or mini in silver with palladium for abour 6900 CAN, and it was just calfskin....its adorable and I love the size so I'm thinking I might put my name down for an orange in the same size. I just don't know if its worth that much...there are sooo many other bags I want (IntlSet, I too love Chanel), but I know this one will be more of a "classic" I guess...any thoughts?

mini constance in orange (add to that gold hw) = perfection!!!

Hi All!
I just happened upon this thread and notice that no one has posted to it in months. I hope some of you are still there?
I am trying to authenticate a bag that I believe to be a Constance. It is done in a black background - probably silk (?) jacquard and it has the Hermes logo and the H all over. The shoulder strap is of the same fabric but is encased in large link gold tone chain.
I will try to attach a picture. I have been unable to verify that Hermes ever made this bag.
I would also like to have a guesstimate of value for estate purposes.
Any help would be rally appreciated!

Attachments

• My Pictures.jpg
    My Pictures.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 1,496
After seeing lots of birkins and kellys IRL on the UES and the madison H store in NYC, I fell in love with the constace. :love: It was the one bag that grabbed me in the store. At the time I didn't know that it was Jackie O's favorite, indeed I have never seen a photo of the bag before. It was purely the design that drew me to it. The clean shape and the flap remind me of an equestrian saddle bag, which I personally find very appealing. I can see why Jackie preferred this bag. (She was an avid horse rider I believe.)

I tried on a medium sized constance in (I think) natural charmonix and PH at the store. The manager who helped me told me that this is one of the most beautifully made bags by Hermes. I wasn't prepared for the price though- somehow I thought it would be priced like a trim or an evelyne, but it was $6,600! However, I believe it's worth the price because it is just so well made, with different compartments inside.

So I'm hoping that the constance will be my first H bag. :jammin:

Hi All!
I just happened upon this thread and notice that no one has posted to it in months. I hope some of you are still there?
I am trying to authenticate a bag that I believe to be a Constance. It is done in a black background - probably silk (?) jacquard and it has the Hermes logo and the H all over. The shoulder strap is of the same fabric but is encased in large link gold tone chain.
I will try to attach a picture. I have been unable to verify that Hermes ever made this bag.
I would also like to have a guesstimate of value for estate purposes.
Any help would be rally appreciated!

Hi again! Wow! You are still there! I haveposted this twice on the authenticate this bag thread and no one has responded. I thought maybe that thread is only for certain bags.

This one is certainly beautifully made - one of the most beautiful I have seen. I just can't seem to find out if H ever made this bag - the Constance in a fabric jacquard with the logo on it. I also can't imagine that anyone would go to the bother of doing a knock off of such an unusual and hard to make bag????
Again - any help????

I just can't seem to find out if H ever made this bag - the Constance in a fabric jacquard with the logo on it. I also can't imagine that anyone would go to the bother of doing a knock off of such an unusual and hard to make bag????
Again - any help????

if no one knows on the forum (i've never seen this before myself), might have to call or go to a boutique and just ask if the constance is or has ever been made in a fabric. it's just info, not the same as asking them to authenticate something. i can tell you with 100% certainty that there is a HUGE likelihood that someone, at some time, has done a fake of any and all bags - at least that's the very safest assumption to have - someone posted a very random fake one recently that impressed even our most educated posters (not in quality, mind you, but in the very fact that it was faked to begin with).

I've always had my eye on the Constance. I think it may be my next bag.:graucho: Maybe we could start posting pics of these beauties until we get the real deal. Here are a few pics I came across.

385603691550926.jpg

390635525462963.jpg