The Constance

IMO, since this bag is not as "in demand" as the kelly or birkin, it's better to special order it in the boutique so you can get the exact color-leather- hardware combination that you want.

all the best!

please post pics once the bag arrives :biggrin:

IntlSet said:
Constance or anyone else, do you happen to know the price for these bags? Oh Lord, and there's a waitlist? What the heck isn't waitlisted at Hermes these days!

I saw a navy blue with palladium at a boutique 2 1/2 years ago and at that time it was $3600.00 US. This summer I saw a silver/palladium and it was $6200. Don't know why it was so much more even taking inflation into account. Maybe it was the leather.

Oh goodness. I remember when it was $1500 or so, and i was agonizing over spending $350 for a BV. this must have been 20+ years ago.

I still haven't gotten one. I guess I just need to bite the bullet someday.

gracekelly said:
I saw a navy blue with palladium at a boutique 2 1/2 years ago and at that time it was $3600.00 US. This summer I saw a silver/palladium and it was $6200. Don't know why it was so much more even taking inflation into account. Maybe it was the leather.

$6200? :amazed: I think I'll take two or three Chanel bags instead. I wonder if the one you saw was an exotic leather? They charge that much for just calfskin? Yowza!

I just went to Hermes today, and they have the small or mini in silver with palladium for abour 6900 CAN, and it was just calfskin....its adorable and I love the size so I'm thinking I might put my name down for an orange in the same size. I just don't know if its worth that much...there are sooo many other bags I want (IntlSet, I too love Chanel), but I know this one will be more of a "classic" I guess...any thoughts?

I recently saw a Constance 23cm in Turquoise Chevre with Gold HW at the SF store! Gorgeous, but I prefer the Constance in dark, classic colors. The construction of these bags is just amazing! Unfortunately, they are very small and work best for those who carry only the barest essentials!

LucyndSkywDmnds said:
I recently saw a Constance 23cm in Turquoise Chevre with Gold HW at the SF store! Gorgeous, but I prefer the Constance in dark, classic colors. The construction of these bags is just amazing! Unfortunately, they are very small and work best for those who carry only the barest essentials!

I know what you mean about the classic colors, (mine is rouge/gold)but I saw it a few weeks ago in LA in pale gray/pall.and vache/pall. and it looked great. It is a dress bag so it really is just for evening in my opinion. Good for cocktail parties when you can use the shoulder strap and have your hands free.