The constance-what can you fit inside?

Suzie

O.G.
Nov 12, 2006
Hi Ladies, I have done a search and could not come up with anything. I am eyeing a constance which happens to be an 18. I would probably prefer a 23 but the exact specs on the one I am lusting for is an 18. Does anyone have any photos of what you can fit in the different size constances?

Is it just an evening bag or can it be versatile for during the day. Thanks in advance.

Suzie I have a 23. Are you thinking about using it for an everyday bag? I can put some stuff in it and take a pic for you if you'd like!:flowers:

Julide, probably for dinner, out to lunch and to the races. More dressy occasions than casual as it is an exotic. I could down size wallet size etc I guess without any problems.

I am sure there must be a comparison thread somewhere but I just can't find it.

Hi ladies!! I just finished resizing my pics!! So here they are!! I put my phone (blackberry) My key thingy (white) My thill card case (vert anis) and a larger wallet. I also have another pic with my sunglass case instead of my wallet and then another picture of the larger wallet and the sunglass case. Everything fit!!! I hope this helps you!!:flowers:

Attachments

• Wallet.jpeg
    Wallet.jpeg
    29 KB · Views: 1,304
  • Sunglasses.jpeg
    Sunglasses.jpeg
    35 KB · Views: 1,273
  • Sunglass&Wallet.jpeg
    Sunglass&Wallet.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,717
Reactions: WYJ and peppers90
Suzie, are you looking for vintage or new Constances? The reason I ask is that the newer ones have an extra gusset whereas the older ones just have one main compartment and are narrower in width. I have one in a 23cm with the extra pocket and can fit my vertical Azap, Vision II, Blackberry, tissue, comb, hand sanitizer, pen, mints & lip gloss without issue. If I take out the Vision II agenda, I can put a small makeup bag (LV's mini pochette fits perfectly) with more things in there. I'll try and take some photos later.

Suzie, are you looking for vintage or new Constances? The reason I ask is that the newer ones have an extra gusset whereas the older ones just have one main compartment and are narrower in width. I have one in a 23cm with the extra pocket and can fit my vertical Azap, Vision II, Blackberry, tissue, comb, hand sanitizer, pen, mints & lip gloss without issue. If I take out the Vision II agenda, I can put a small makeup bag (LV's mini pochette fits perfectly) with more things in there. I'll try and take some photos later.

Holy cows Orchids!!! You can fit a lot in there!!! Mine has a gusset too. I might have to try this again and really put some stuff in there!!:P

I have a 23 cm Constance (original design) without the extra gusset. I love it as a very dressy day bag---for weddings, Bar Mitzvahs, fancy luncheons. I could never use it as a regular day bag, as it holds very little. I can get in a comb, lipstick, small case for money/cards, keys and a couple of other small things. That is it.

I think I saw a constance bigger than a 23 -- anyone else ever see one? It was fabulous and could be an everyday bag (like a Chanel flap could).

Lulilu I have seen that constance IRL. I'm not sold on it. Its huge!! and the H is huge too! Plus with the gusset it looks really...how do I say this nicely...chubby and does not sit close to the body. But the benefit of this bag is the strap is longer and you could possibly wear it across the body. I would love one if it were the older design without the gusset. This is my very humble opinion. I hope there is someone who actually has one, who can let us know how they like it!:flowers: