The color Rock???

tegan

O.G.
Dec 29, 2009
Hi Ladies. I was hoping you could help me with a question. When I was at Nordstrom's I saw a Paddington and the tag said it was the color Rock. The color was beautiful but it wasn't dark. It was more light a darker taupe with a hint of grey/pink in it.

When I saw some pictures of the Paraty in Rock, it seemed very dark - almost like a brown.

Can anybody help me with my color question?

IMO the color depends on the style...this is my Marlow...in "Rock"...totally different from the Paraty in "Rock"...a clear, dark grey with a blue shade...not brownish like the Paraty- "Rock"...and so it might be with the color of the Paddington as well

100_4881.jpg

Beautiful bag, Chloe75 :smile:

Thanks. The color of the paddington was beautiful - so different. It was much, much lighter than this though.

Funny how the colors vary between bags.

chloe 75 is right - chloe tends to use some of the same names for colors of bags - across their range of styles - and the colors do not always correspond exactly... mastic is another example - it is a color that has been used in a few of the chloe styles - but can vary from an offwhite - to a grey...

You will however find consistency with the actual color within that style in real life. For example one person's whiskey edith will be the same color as another's whiskey edith - but would then differ from the whiskey paddington slightly... (I don't know if I am making myself clear - sorry if this is confusing)...

Stock photos and other photography can sometimes not capture a color correctly - and it is always best to judge a color in person in a store when possible.

If you are after "rock" in a paraty - it would be best to see the color in person to get the best judgement of it. Once seen - you would be confident in ordering online or secondhand etc - and know that the color will be consistent with what you "saw".

chloe 75 is right - chloe tends to use some of the same names for colors of bags - across their range of styles - and the colors do not always correspond exactly... mastic is another example - it is a color that has been used in a few of the chloe styles - but can vary from an offwhite - to a grey...

You will however find consistency with the actual color within that style in real life. For example one person's whiskey edith will be the same color as another's whiskey edith - but would then differ from the whiskey paddington slightly... (I don't know if I am making myself clear - sorry if this is confusing)...

Stock photos and other photography can sometimes not capture a color correctly - and it is always best to judge a color in person in a store when possible.

If you are after "rock" in a paraty - it would be best to see the color in person to get the best judgement of it. Once seen - you would be confident in ordering online or secondhand etc - and know that the color will be consistent with what you "saw".

Well said...I couldn't have explained it better!