THE COFFEE CLUTCH - The MK Chat Thread!!

Reactivating this chat! Lol! I used to love MK and especially love the durability of the Saffiano totes for work or even as a diaper bag. I’m mostly into Rebecca Minkoff for her edgy style and Coach for their high quality classic leather bags. I also love that RM bags are inspired by Chanel bc the only Chanel I can afford is their makeup :giggle: which I love! I have 2 babies so at this point in my life, a 2-5k for a bag is not a smart investment for me.

Anyway - My question for you guys is should I sell my basically unused MK large Saffiano tote? I do love the quality and durability but I just don’t feel excited to use it bc MK has become like a bag for the masses and is in discount racks everywhere. RM and Coach are also very accessible but the styles I wear aren’t seen on everyone. I only own 2 MK bags: this MK tote and a Colette which is inspired by the Celine Nano luggage. It’s cool bc I never see anyone with the Colette so I still enjoy carrying that one. What do you guys think about the Saffiano jet set totes? Too played out? Or are they still very much on trend? Thanks!!!
Hello fellow Coach lover! :P Didn't expect to see you here :biggrin:

• Haha
Reactions: J9Fell4Tiffanys
Hi everyone, I'm new to MK. So I'm wondering if you can help me answer a few questions? Thank you in advance.

I'm interested in 2 bags from MMK, one I would like to buy in 2 colors but only if the sale is amazing....Now....Mother's day sale is on going right now for 25%....and a lot of people told me MK does a lot of sales throughout the year. I would really like to buy those bags for the lowest price possible. What do you suggest I do? Do I wait for a summer sale? Does MK have a summer sale? If so, when does it happen usually every year?

Hi!!! I ended up selling my last 2 MK bags lol. I really need to update my username smh. Too obsessed with Coach haha!
Lmaoooo. I actually just noticed the MK in your username :giggle: you better update or Coach will be mad at you :no::giggle:

Btw, you mentioned that " MK has become like a bag for the masses and is in discount racks everywhere" Is that really true? There's a couple bags from MK I'm interested in....do I wait for a better sale? They're only 25% off atm for Mother's day sale. Since you were once an MK lover, maybe you can help me with the questions I asked earlier? Does MK have a summer sale? When is it usually? Is the sale any good?

Lmaoooo. I actually just noticed the MK in your username :giggle: you better update or Coach will be mad at you :no::giggle:

Btw, you mentioned that " MK has become like a bag for the masses and is in discount racks everywhere" Is that really true? There's a couple bags from MK I'm interested in....do I wait for a better sale? They're only 25% off atm for Mother's day sale. Since you were once an MK lover, maybe you can help me with the questions I asked earlier? Does MK have a summer sale? When is it usually? Is the sale any good?
Haha! I know, right?!

So...That’s my impression but ppl could probably say the same about Rebecca Minkoff and Coach I guess. I’ve been out of the handbag game for a few years after having my baby and lugging around diaper bag backpacks. Hence - why I went on a purse binge as well as closet purge haha! I’m hesitant to weigh in bc I don’t want to mislead you. I would try posting in a few popular threads on this forum to get more experienced MK lovers. With all of that said, I would definitely suggest getting the bags at least 25% off with any contemporary designer. I’ll see if I can find any info out there and update if I do! Ttyl ! :smile:

Reactions: girlygirl12377
Hi everyone, I'm new to MK. So I'm wondering if you can help me answer a few questions? Thank you in advance.

I'm interested in 2 bags from MMK, one I would like to buy in 2 colors but only if the sale is amazing....Now....Mother's day sale is on going right now for 25%....and a lot of people told me MK does a lot of sales throughout the year. I would really like to buy those bags for the lowest price possible. What do you suggest I do? Do I wait for a summer sale? Does MK have a summer sale? If so, when does it happen usually every year?
Hey there!!! In my experience MK does have frequent sales however I usually get the best deals if I can wait it out for an MK bag to get marked down at Macys. There are some cases where this may not work for example: if I'm looking at a bag that is exclusively available at MK, if I wait too long for additional mark downs, it may sell out. This is when I will consider buying during the 1st sale/markdown even if it isn't their greatest sale. I've missed out before on some MK exclusives and I kicked myself every time lol. Now if it's exclusive, I buy it on the 1st sale. Even though a better sale has come after I bought my items, my items were also no longer in stock.

So I guess the short version of this is, if you see the bag at other retailers (Macys, Dillards, etc.) you have more wiggle room with shopping around for the best deal but it becomes risky if you are looking at an MK exclusive. Also, one quick note, if you see an item you like but maybe it went out of stock on the MK site, if you call an MK store they could potentially locate the bag for you in another store and have it shipped to you (just provide them with the style number). This is not something MK.com customer service is able to do but the stores can and I find it very convenient!

Oh and one more thing! If you sign up for KorsVIP on the MK site (free), every now and then they will send out a coupon but only if you're enrolled. In February I received a $20 off and I think this month I received a $50 off $200.

Reactivating this chat! Lol! I used to love MK and especially love the durability of the Saffiano totes for work or even as a diaper bag. I’m mostly into Rebecca Minkoff for her edgy style and Coach for their high quality classic leather bags. I also love that RM bags are inspired by Chanel bc the only Chanel I can afford is their makeup :giggle: which I love! I have 2 babies so at this point in my life, a 2-5k for a bag is not a smart investment for me.

Anyway - My question for you guys is should I sell my basically unused MK large Saffiano tote? I do love the quality and durability but I just don’t feel excited to use it bc MK has become like a bag for the masses and is in discount racks everywhere. RM and Coach are also very accessible but the styles I wear aren’t seen on everyone. I only own 2 MK bags: this MK tote and a Colette which is inspired by the Celine Nano luggage. It’s cool bc I never see anyone with the Colette so I still enjoy carrying that one. What do you guys think about the Saffiano jet set totes? Too played out? Or are they still very much on trend? Thanks!!!
Hey there, thought I'd weigh in on this one too LOL So if I'm being honest, I don't think the resell value for MK is great. It's never bothered me because I don't look at my bags as investments or purchase with the intention to sell and out of all of my 40 or so bags (all contemporary designers), I've only sold one. It was a very adorable coach bag but it no longer suited my needs. Another reason why the low resell value doesn't bother me is because I can score great deals in the resell market on discontinued styles that I missed out on.

With that being said, all of my bags excite me and I will not keep a bag that doesn't. I only have one saffiano jet set tote and I'm excited every time I look at it! The color is raspberry, I think I bought it 3 or 4 years ago and it still looks great. I don't see many people carrying this style where I live and I've never seen anyone carrying it in this color. Even though LV is not sold on discount racks, I see a ton of LV Neverfulls everywhere I go and that has turned me off from buying one. I would still consider getting an LV but maybe in a less common shape/style and this is my philosophy for all bags no matter the brand. If I see too many people carrying a specific style, I may no longer want that style but still be interested in less commonly carried pieces from that brand.

Before selling, make sure you really wouldn't miss it. It would be a shame to sell it, miss it, then have to rebuy it and possibly pay more than you sold it for. Maybe wear it a few more times before deciding: try different outfits/looks, add a twilly scarf or a charm. If you decide it still isn't working for you, at least you can be confident in your decision to let it go :smile:

Hey there!!! In my experience MK does have frequent sales however I usually get the best deals if I can wait it out for an MK bag to get marked down at Macys. There are some cases where this may not work for example: if I'm looking at a bag that is exclusively available at MK, if I wait too long for additional mark downs, it may sell out. This is when I will consider buying during the 1st sale/markdown even if it isn't their greatest sale. I've missed out before on some MK exclusives and I kicked myself every time lol. Now if it's exclusive, I buy it on the 1st sale. Even though a better sale has come after I bought my items, my items were also no longer in stock.

So I guess the short version of this is, if you see the bag at other retailers (Macys, Dillards, etc.) you have more wiggle room with shopping around for the best deal but it becomes risky if you are looking at an MK exclusive. Also, one quick note, if you see an item you like but maybe it went out of stock on the MK site, if you call an MK store they could potentially locate the bag for you in another store and have it shipped to you (just provide them with the style number). This is not something MK.com customer service is able to do but the stores can and I find it very convenient!
Thank you so much!!! It's the kind of advice/tips I wanted to hear actually lol. I really appreciate you taking the time to give me such a thorough explanation!!! :smile:

Thank you also for the tip about the out of stock items! I'm very new to MK so the more tips, the merrier!

Also, do you mind if I message you some more questions? I have a few more questions but if that will bother you, then I won't message. Let me know! THank you!!!!

Reactions: AshMarieDarling
Oh and one more thing! If you sign up for KorsVIP on the MK site (free), every now and then they will send out a coupon but only if you're enrolled. In February I received a $20 off and I think this month I received a $50 off $200.
I did sign up, and I did get that code haha but of course, it expired right before the 25% off, I wasn't really eyeing anything 200. Everything I liked was 300+. would've been nice if it worked during the sale. :girlsigh:

Thank you so much!!! It's the kind of advice/tips I wanted to hear actually lol. I really appreciate you taking the time to give me such a thorough explanation!!! :smile:

Thank you also for the tip about the out of stock items! I'm very new to MK so the more tips, the merrier!

Also, do you mind if I message you some more questions? I have a few more questions but if that will bother you, then I won't message. Let me know! THank you!!!!
Not a bother at all and you're very welcome! I'm happy to help and I love to talk purses lol Please feel free to message me any time. I'm not on here every day but I try to pop in a few times a week

• Love
I did sign up, and I did get that code haha but of course, it expired right before the 25% off, I wasn't really eyeing anything 200. Everything I liked was 300+. would've been nice if it worked during the sale. :girlsigh:
Oh yeah they're notorious for having a coupon end the day before a new sale begins! I had a similar issue, the bag I wanted was only $150 and I didn't see anything else I really wanted to take me up to $200.

• Sad
Hi everyone! New here, I don’t own any MK bags, but found a CeCe on sale and wanted to ask if anyone has one and wouldn’t mind showing a real life picture as opposed to the online store ones. It looks really cute…