THE COFFEE CLUTCH - The MK Chat Thread!!

About once a month I take my bags out & condition them. If I've carried & used a bag for over a week, I will condition it before I put it back in it's dust cover. This is only for my leather & exotic leather bags. I don't worry about the Saffano bags since the leather has already been treated. I just wipe them down occassionally.
Hi, what brand conditioner works for you on most of your leathers (the MK cleaner and also rain and stain conditioner, or other)? For wiping down the saffiano...a dry cloth, damp, or baby wipe? Luckily that leather isn’t so fussy! Thank you.

Reactions: netter
This Mercari seller seems scammy...lots of the same exact items...can someone confirm my suspicions? How do I go about reporting an individual on Mercari if this is indeed counterfeit goods? They have sold 410 items so far. Lots of MK and Kate Spade...EA679FD2-A560-4AE5-BD54-7F4ED9CCECA8.png

Last edited:
I was looking on ebay for a MK jet set crossbody bag, and I noticed many sellers have multiples of this bag in different colors and state that they have more than 50-100 for sale and state that they are authentic. Is this possible?

Reactions: netter
I was looking on ebay for a MK jet set crossbody bag, and I noticed many sellers have multiples of this bag in different colors and state that they have more than 50-100 for sale and state that they are authentic. Is this possible?
It would be interesting to see the listing so that we can see the handbag (I do not officially authenticate on this forum).

This Mercari seller seems scammy...lots of the same exact items...can someone confirm my suspicions? How do I go about reporting an individual on Mercari if this is indeed counterfeit goods? They have sold 410 items so far. Lots of MK and Kate Spade...View attachment 4538908
I think that fakes are illegal in the USA. Check federal government website regarding counterfeit goods and for the answer your question. .

Does anyone know if this is legit webstore - I did check on scam adviser, but I am not convinced, especially when I checked the prices and even though they have pay pal option...has anyone ordered from them - do they sell fakes....

https://www.mkbagsuksale.com/

Attachments

• 24E3466B-14B0-43DB-A0A3-B9509E38D208.jpeg
    24E3466B-14B0-43DB-A0A3-B9509E38D208.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 34
Ok..so I have done what I never thought I would do. I've sold all my MK bags. All 14 bags sold. I decided to move over to Louis Vuitton, and suddenly I ended up not wearing my MK bags. They are too lovely to be hidden away in a closet, so I hope they are worn a lot by their new owners. Anyone else who has changed brand?

And another thing that I found to be a bit strange when I think about it, is that the majority of those who bought my MK bags actually bought them for their young daughters, grandchildren, as a high school graduation gift, and so forth. Seems like MK has become available for any agegroup, and "everyone" has it.. For me, they're not giving me that feelings of joy anymore when I use them, and that is a bit sad. I remember how proud and happy I was to get them. Hopefully they will give that feeling to their new owners.

Ok..so I have done what I never thought I would do. I've sold all my MK bags. All 14 bags sold. I decided to move over to Louis Vuitton, and suddenly I ended up not wearing my MK bags. They are too lovely to be hidden away in a closet, so I hope they are worn a lot by their new owners. Anyone else who has changed brand?
Yes, I got rid of all my MK bags a few years ago and a couple months back was doing some spring cleaning and came across some Tory Burch & Kate Spades which haven’t seen the light of day in a couple years either. The 3 brands I’ve shopped the most (& almost exclusively) in the past few years are Celine, Gucci, and LV.
And another thing that I found to be a bit strange when I think about it, is that the majority of those who bought my MK bags actually bought them for their young daughters, grandchildren, as a high school graduation gift, and so forth. Seems like MK has become available for any agegroup, and "everyone" has it.. For me, they're not giving me that feelings of joy anymore when I use them, and that is a bit sad. I remember how proud and happy I was to get them. Hopefully they will give that feeling to their new owners.
I can definitely relate to this - when I was in high school & post-secondary a lot of my bags were contemporary brands like Tory Burch & Kate Spade with some MK, & a few lux pieces but after graduating that all changed. I know what I like so it’s not as stressful making a large purchase & second guessing.

Would love to hear what others think!

Reactions: Norwegian Girl
I seem to only like the older bags that were made like the collection bags are made today. I've rehabbed a lot of michael kors and the newer Michael by Michael Kors bags have gone way downhill.
A lot of the collection designs can be found in the older bags. Particularly the ones with the hemp/cotton blend linings.

Not me. I still have a couple MK bags, the ones that don't have any logos. The quality is nice and there are some occasions where an MK bag is more suitable than a higher brand. Plus I don't worry as much when I'm using an MK bag

Reactivating this chat! Lol! I used to love MK and especially love the durability of the Saffiano totes for work or even as a diaper bag. I’m mostly into Rebecca Minkoff for her edgy style and Coach for their high quality classic leather bags. I also love that RM bags are inspired by Chanel bc the only Chanel I can afford is their makeup :giggle: which I love! I have 2 babies so at this point in my life, a 2-5k for a bag is not a smart investment for me.

Anyway - My question for you guys is should I sell my basically unused MK large Saffiano tote? I do love the quality and durability but I just don’t feel excited to use it bc MK has become like a bag for the masses and is in discount racks everywhere. RM and Coach are also very accessible but the styles I wear aren’t seen on everyone. I only own 2 MK bags: this MK tote and a Colette which is inspired by the Celine Nano luggage. It’s cool bc I never see anyone with the Colette so I still enjoy carrying that one. What do you guys think about the Saffiano jet set totes? Too played out? Or are they still very much on trend? Thanks!!!