THE COFFEE CLUTCH - The MK Chat Thread!!

Okey..so I was just sitting here by myself and thinking. I've slowly begun to find interest in luxury brands like Hermes, Chanel etc, and spend some time visiting and posting on their forums. Must say I loooove the scarves, jewelry, shoes, totally dreamy....but I just can't justify buying a lot of stuff just to please a SA in hope to be offered the holy grail; even if it is the ever beautiful Kelly:love: at the price of tens of thousands of dollars. Some brands are sooo expensive, but I must admit that if I ever won the lottary I would run down the door to Hermes, and then take a swing by Chanel and MK. But as for now I only drool and dream:giggle: online.. And I find myself returning over and over to MK with the large variaties of bags and colors, and the ever practical and wonderful saffiano leather. It fits me to the fingertips. Not having to worry about raincotes to fit my bag:eek:, or where I put it down. Like today being in the Zoo with my kids and the rain came, knowing it didn't matter if my selma got wet? And of course the luxury of being able to match my outfits with different bags without using the entire family budget. I don't see any brand fitting my needs the way MK does:yes:. Not yet anyway:giggle: .. So I hope MK and TPF will be around for years to come, and I look forward to feeling my heart skip a beat for what may turn out to be my holy grail in the future:love:

Agree with you!! It is hard to get into the luxury when you are used to paying under $400(ca/usd) for a bag. I don't know that I would spend the price for a Hermes. But I do find value in going up the scale to more "entry level" luxury designers like Chloe - one of my absolute favourites, in love with their designs. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy most of my MK bags but somewhere a long the line I try to go a little more towards "quality over quantity". Not saying MK bags are not good quality because most of them are, but also quality as in the value they bring to your wardrobe as a whole. Maybe a more expensive more versatile bag is better than 25 bags you can match with different outfits.
I am also getting so sick and tired of seeing so many fake MK bags!! It is disgusting! Just saw a blatantly fake Selma today! Definitely not good for the brand. I hope they get their whole image straightened out, I really don't want this brand to disappear! I was a true diehard fan.

Agree with you!! It is hard to get into the luxury when you are used to paying under $400(ca/usd) for a bag. I don't know that I would spend the price for a Hermes. But I do find value in going up the scale to more "entry level" luxury designers like Chloe - one of my absolute favourites, in love with their designs. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy most of my MK bags but somewhere a long the line I try to go a little more towards "quality over quantity". Not saying MK bags are not good quality because most of them are, but also quality as in the value they bring to your wardrobe as a whole. Maybe a more expensive more versatile bag is better than 25 bags you can match with different outfits.
I am also getting so sick and tired of seeing so many fake MK bags!! It is disgusting! Just saw a blatantly fake Selma today! Definitely not good for the brand. I hope they get their whole image straightened out, I really don't want this brand to disappear! I was a true diehard fan.
I can't stand fakes either, and I guess that most people that buy premium/upper scale goods prefer the brand to stay genuine. I see your point in regards to that one, versatile bag, but I haven't found that yet:giggle:

Reactions: cdtracing
Okey..so I was just sitting here by myself and thinking. I've slowly begun to find interest in luxury brands like Hermes, Chanel etc, and spend some time visiting and posting on their forums. Must say I loooove the scarves, jewelry, shoes, totally dreamy....but I just can't justify buying a lot of stuff just to please a SA in hope to be offered the holy grail; even if it is the ever beautiful Kelly:love: at the price of tens of thousands of dollars. Some brands are sooo expensive, but I must admit that if I ever won the lottary I would run down the door to Hermes, and then take a swing by Chanel and MK. But as for now I only drool and dream:giggle: online.. And I find myself returning over and over to MK with the large variaties of bags and colors, and the ever practical and wonderful saffiano leather. It fits me to the fingertips. Not having to worry about raincotes to fit my bag:eek:, or where I put it down. Like today being in the Zoo with my kids and the rain came, knowing it didn't matter if my selma got wet? And of course the luxury of being able to match my outfits with different bags without using the entire family budget. I don't see any brand fitting my needs the way MK does:yes:. Not yet anyway:giggle: .. So I hope MK and TPF will be around for years to come, and I look forward to feeling my heart skip a beat for what may turn out to be my holy grail in the future:love:
I love this post, and totally agree. I don't think there is any such thing as one holy grail bag that is versatile enough to fit most outfits. I switch out my bag almost daily depending on what I'm wearing and love doing so. I have several MMK and MKC bags, and they seem to do the trick. My chanel and LVs also do their duty, but on less frequent occasions. Overall, I'm happy with the collection of bags that I've amassed and always look forward to pulling out my "bag of the day." :smile:

I love this post, and totally agree. I don't think there is any such thing as one holy grail bag that is versatile enough to fit most outfits. I switch out my bag almost daily depending on what I'm wearing and love doing so. I have several MMK and MKC bags, and they seem to do the trick. My chanel and LVs also do their duty, but on less frequent occasions. Overall, I'm happy with the collection of bags that I've amassed and always look forward to pulling out my "bag of the day." :smile:
My thoughts exactly:yes:

My collection is up to 30 now and most of them are lined up on the top shelf of my closet so it looks like they just reached up and grabbed a few because they were all sitting next to one another. They grabbed the three that were next to my Miranda but left that one thank god. I would be in tears if they stole my Miranda
Obviously I have a lot of time on my hands today browsing threads several years back, but I remember reading this and wondering how it turned out. Did the police find the bags?

Hey girls (and guys?!), we finally did it!! We have a dedicated Michael Kors sub-forum!! Nearly every other sub-forum has their own chat thread, so it's only fitting that we start a brand spanking new thread for nothing but "chit-chat"!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything.
Having a bad day and need to vent? C'mon in and let it all out. Want to celebrate or share some good news? Share it with your fellow MK lovers!! Or maybe you're bored and just feel like checking in to see who's around.

The MK Chat Thread is now open for discussion!!

So I'm super new to this site and I'm noticing that anytime I want to post a photo, the file is too large to load. Any tips or suggestions on how to get my photos to the right size so I can upload them? I use my phone camera, which is a Samsung Galaxy S7.

hi folks, how is ur MK lambskin bags wear and tear like? i just got my first lambskin bag (scarlett tote). it is really soft and gives an impression that its rather frail..lol . the leather part of the straps are thin for a tote.

hi folks, how is ur MK lambskin bags wear and tear like? i just got my first lambskin bag (scarlett tote). it is really soft and gives an impression that its rather frail..lol . the leather part of the straps are thin for a tote.

Mine have held up well. I do keep my bags conditioned with a good leather conditioner & I rotate my bags weekly. I'm probably a little rougher on my Saffiano bags but all my leather one are doing well. The only bags I really baby are the snakeskin since exotic leathers tend to be more delicate.

Reactions: entea
So I'm super new to this site and I'm noticing that anytime I want to post a photo, the file is too large to load. Any tips or suggestions on how to get my photos to the right size so I can upload them? I use my phone camera, which is a Samsung Galaxy S7.
Guess u can resize it with a photoediting app first?

Mine have held up well. I do keep my bags conditioned with a good leather conditioner & I rotate my bags weekly. I'm probably a little rougher on my Saffiano bags but all my leather one are doing well. The only bags I really baby are the snakeskin since exotic leathers tend to be more delicate.

That's nice. How frequently do u condition the bags with the leather conditioner?

Its been a week of usage so far. Just weighed my bag its 2.3kg total weight with the stuff in there. It feels lighter than that when carried on the shoulder tho

That's nice. How frequently do u condition the bags with the leather conditioner?

Its been a week of usage so far. Just weighed my bag its 2.3kg total weight with the stuff in there. It feels lighter than that when carried on the shoulder tho

About once a month I take my bags out & condition them. If I've carried & used a bag for over a week, I will condition it before I put it back in it's dust cover. This is only for my leather & exotic leather bags. I don't worry about the Saffano bags since the leather has already been treated. I just wipe them down occassionally.