The Coach Originals Restored Bags

beLVotu

Jul 8, 2019
Hi Ladys,
does anyone own a restored bag from Coach? And would you recommend buying?
I saw some restored bags in the coach originals collection online.
Any info about it would be very welcome!
Thanks!

beLVotu

Jul 8, 2019
Yes. On the German Website are some available.
I saw Duffle 10 and 15 and a Stewardess...

cbarrus

Authenticator
O.G.
Oct 9, 2006
I do not own one of the originals restored by Coach, but I do have a few original made in USA bags that were a fraction of the price that Coach is asking. I don't know how readily available these are where you live, but it may be worth looking at resale sites to see what is out there. It's nice for Coach that they think that their restored bags are worth $500÷, but, personally, one would not be worth it to me just because Coach had someone restore it. The people in the Coach rehab thread on the forum probably do a better job, lol.

beLVotu

Jul 8, 2019
Thanks you for your opinion. I think vintage coach bags are hard to find in Germany but i‘ll have a look. Coach is a traditional US brand and not for so long available in Germany…

Paris Girl

Aug 30, 2019
Thanks you for your opinion. I think vintage coach bags are hard to find in Germany but i‘ll have a look. Coach is a traditional US brand and not for so long available in Germany…
I live in the U.S. so I’m sure my situation is totally different. However, I tried to get a restored Willis on the Coach retail site and they were all sold out. That got me looking at resale sites and into buying vintage Coach from sellers other than Coach. On those sites, I’ve even found new “old” stock which are vintage bags stored away like in someone’s closet, some even with tags attached. Pricing on these resale bags is much cheaper and many of the bags are new or like new. I even learned how to restore them myself (using the same methods the Coach restorer uses) and have bought vintage bags that needed restoration.

I know someone who buys from eBay and other sites but ships their bags to an interim location, a U.S. address in Portland, OR and eventually to their home in the Philippines. Not sure how it works though. They also makes sure their purchases do not exceed the limit for importing goods in their country per shipment to avoid paying exhorbitant fees and taxes. They could not find vintage Coach bags in their location either so they found another way to buy from U.S. sellers.

Good luck!