The Clutch Bag... Just an evening bag?

Bagbug

Not without my Bag!
O.G.
Jul 31, 2006
Hello Handbag Aficionados,

I am suddenly in love with the Clutch bag. :heart: I live in Los Angeles and I don’t see anybody really carrying them. I ordered a large black clutch on line from Cole Haan, for daytime (well all the time use.) I am waiting for its arrival soon! Any hoo… How do you feel about Clutch’s for day time use? Or just in general. Do you think that they are going to make a come back or are they really trendy, and I just have not seen anybody carrying one yet? :girlsigh:

i haven't seen anybody (maybe just a few?) that carries clutch during daytime.

i think it really depends on the person. if she's confident about carrying it, it doesn't matter if it'll make a come back or not.

Right now, I think that big bags are more "in" for day. But sure, clutches can be used for day too. Think back to all those "Sex and the City" episodes where the ladies had big envelope clutches tucked under their arms all the time!

I have a large Bottega clutch that I use for day; it's actually very casual and I wouldn't use it as an evening bag. Your Cole Haan one is probably meant for day too if it's large.

I second the SATC suggestion. In many episodes Carrie and the others carried a big clutch during the day.

I LOVE the look personally but only carry them for evening; I need something big for the day!