The Closer

^^^I finally figured out what is so WEIRD about that accent: last night I was in the kitchen and the TV was on in the living room. The commercial about The Closer marathon they are airing today was on. I heard someone talking and thought: "Who is that? They sound Aussie!" It was "Brenda" talking!

Yup, those producers need to plant Kyra Sedgewick deep in the heart of Dixie during their filming break so she can get our accent right! :yes:

Overlooking that: who else will be catching up on missed episodes today? :nuts:

PLEASE HELP!!!

I was watching the season finale just now and we had a storm blow through and there went the SATELITTE!!! :crybaby: :cursing: :wtf:

I missed the last 10 minutes....just when the gun dealer walked out and shook the informants hand...

WHAT HAPPENED?? PLEASE ANYONE...:shrugs: :sad: :confused1:

puddinhd58 said:
I missed the last 10 minutes....just when the gun dealer walked out and shook the informants hand...

WHAT HAPPENED?? PLEASE ANYONE...:shrugs: :sad: :confused1:
Ooo, so complicated to explain! The gun dealer turned on the FBI agent that had been watching him and his wife. The informant grabbed the gun that the cop (forget his name) had stuck in his desk (how dumb was that?) and shot the FBI agent (the one that took his wife to get the abortion), then he took the cop (whose gun he had) and put it to the cop's head and he starts backing out of the area with the cop. Then the Hispanic cop (Sanchez?) calls the informant's name. The informant turns just for a second and the cop gets free, Sanchez shoots the informant, who falls to the floor, not yet dead and still holding the gun. So the Sanchez pops a few more rounds in him. It ends with Brenda's boss (forgot his name too!) calling in reinforcements, then the camera pulls back from the scene, then from the building then all you see is the city.

And the season ends.

Did that make ANY sense? Did I start at the right time or do I need to back up and explain why the informant shot the FBI agent? It might help if I'd pay attention to the character names. :shame:

Prada, THANK YOU!!!

No, you got it right where I missed it...
I knew he was going to get that gun out of the drawer! Yeah, pretty stupid to put it there!!!

So, it doens't sound like there is a cliff hanger for next season then....it wrapped up pretty neatly..

Thanks again!
I was soooooo upset... I have watched all the episodes....I think it's pretty good!

puddinhd58 said:
Thanks again!
I was soooooo upset... I have watched all the episodes....I think it's pretty good!

You are most welcome! :smile:

It's so funny, I'm not a huge TV person, but other than The Closer, I watch Project Runway religiously and I'm always worrying that the power or the cable will out when they get to the runway judging, so I feel your pain!! :lol:

I read in People magazine that there's a new episode showing on Dec. 5. I think they said it's two hours long, but I may be mistaken about that part.

I read in People magazine that there's a new episode showing on Dec. 5. I think they said it's two hours long, but I may be mistaken about that part.

I know this is silly quoting my ownself, but I wrote the wrong date the first time. The new episode is actually tonight, Dec. 4 and it is definately two hours long!

i just watched this show for the FIRST TIME just now and i thought it was SOOO GOOD!! i love kyra sedgewick and i had NO IDEA that her accent was "messed up"...i actually was just telling my husband about how i found kyra's accent so endearing..hehehe..like it reminded me of a southern belle...hahaha...im sorry, i didnt know her accent was off!! i am a new yorker all my life so im clueless about southern accents..

anyhow, aside from the accent, i still really liked the show..her acting, the plot...loves it!! :yes::yes:

My mom watches some show called The Closer w/ Kyra Sedgewick (sp). She really wants the handbag carried by Kyra in the show, but doesn't know what it is. I've never seen the show myself. Anyone know what it is?

Who else besides me is a Closer junkie? I can't wait until 9:00 to see the premier of the new season. Granted I'll be cringing again at that HORRIBLE excuse of a Southern accent (I'm a Southern gal-Kyra you need to work on that accent!!), but I really like the show and I'm normally not a new TV show kind of gal. I like old movies, old TV shows and Animal Planet. But I make exception for The Closer!

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

^^from what I gathered from the numerous amounts of closer forums out there, it is no particular designer. It was made by the costume department. One of the forums mentioned that the Valentine Tote, made by Sag harbor on ebags.com is similar but not identical to her actual tote.