The Clock Work Orange

Sunshine

O.G.
Feb 1, 2006
I know...its an old movie...I tried to watch it a few times when I was younger and never could get threw it...Im trying again now. I hate it. What the hell....so damn violent. What are your thoughts? There is NO WAY this movie would be made in this day and age.

That movie is so horribly violent, but it is a genius piece of art. I like it.
I watched it first when I was in high school, just in period where I was fascinated by anything 60´s-70´s, and so for the design of the interiors, furniture etc....very spacey, pop
The vision Kubrick had about violence in the future, was unfortunately so close to reality....

I tried to watch this movie years ago with one of my girlfriends who loved it - I watched it only for her. I got thru about 40 min. and told her "I guess we'll have to agree to disagree." :s

Stanley Kubric - def. not for everyone. Just like Eyes Wide Shut? What the hell was that?

I'm sad to say I'm not terribly close to this particular girlfriend anymore. She is a really unhappy person.

But I'm NOT saying that has anything to do with her taste in movies... Obviously there are lots of Kubrick fans. Whatever floats your boat.

I'm not sure if any other director, but Stanely Kubrick could get this much leeway in this kind of film. I thought Clock Work Orange was ok, but 2001 Space Odyssey, Dr. Strangelove and Full Metal Jacket were great.