The Classic Bucket Sac?

bwalwayswins

Aug 5, 2012
Anyone have / or had a Classic Bucket Sac? Opinions...it is worth FP cost? Anyone ever see one at a Factory? When they were still relatively new (the re-released classic) they didn't have any at any local stores. I had them check. Its been over a year and they are still on the website (why i have no idea, i guess so people will order online)...

Thoughts? Opinions?
TIA

I've never seen one at a factory store but I know that sometimes rarely people do find Classics at factory stores. Unless Coach discontinues it, you won't find them at outlets. Most stores don't have them in stock. I think some of the bigger stores have them. I saw them once at a store. The sac is huge. It is a black hole - sort of hard to reach your things. For some reason, it looked a lot bigger on me than the Legacy duffle.

The Classics are supposed to be lighter weight than the original sacs, which are pretty heavy. Depending on color and condition, you can get an original used version online between $50 and $150.

I've never seen one at a factory store but I know that sometimes rarely people do find Classics at factory stores. Unless Coach discontinues it, you won't find them at outlets. Most stores don't have them in stock. I think some of the bigger stores have them. I saw them once at a store. The sac is huge. It is a black hole - sort of hard to reach your things. For some reason, it looked a lot bigger on me than the Legacy duffle.

The Classics are supposed to be lighter weight than the original sacs, which are pretty heavy. Depending on color and condition, you can get an original used version online between $50 and $150.
thank you. yes, i imagine that would be the ultimate 'black hole' bag. lol.

i want to see one in person, cuz i am afraid they would be smaller than i imagine... bigger would be fine, since i would use it as a 'catch all' purse for when i just don't care. :smile:

Anyone have / or had a Classic Bucket Sac? Opinions...it is worth FP cost? Anyone ever see one at a Factory? When they were still relatively new (the re-released classic) they didn't have any at any local stores. I had them check. Its been over a year and they are still on the website (why i have no idea, i guess so people will order online)...

Thoughts? Opinions?
TIA

Are you talking about the duffle sac? If so, I have two of the version from the 90's (It's not the one that is still on the website it is style 9085). I found both on ebay (if that is an option for you), my british tan was around $40+shipping and I love it. I have been using it for probably over 3 months now - I did have to do a light "rehab" on it when I got it, to remove a few marks and apply multiple coats of conditioner (I was just trying to see how good I could get it to look, it really wasn't in too bad of condition). It is a powerhouse - it has taken a lot of abuse in the three months (of winter!) and still looks just like it did after I conditioned it.

Personally, I wouldn't pay to get one from fp because the new classics are different from the older bags (see link below - I'm not that knowledgable about the differences, so I find myself reading this alot) and it was exciting to find one that I could rehab and I also wanted one made in the USA because I had heard such great things about the quality of these bags.

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/coach-originals-vs-coach-classics-vs-vintage-697491.html

Also, here is a pic of mine (made in 1996), my post is #398: http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/which-coach-bag-are-you-carrying-today-786505-27.html#post23504788

It is a large bag, but is great for me because I can load it up for work and then take alot out when I'm shopping or out.

I haven't heard anyone get the classic duffle from the outlets, but I think I have seen that other classics have been picked up from the outlet.

Good luck!!

Are you talking about the duffle sac? If so, I have two of the version from the 90's (It's not the one that is still on the website it is style 9085). I found both on ebay (if that is an option for you), my british tan was around $40+shipping and I love it. I have been using it for probably over 3 months now - I did have to do a light "rehab" on it when I got it, to remove a few marks and apply multiple coats of conditioner (I was just trying to see how good I could get it to look, it really wasn't in too bad of condition). It is a powerhouse - it has taken a lot of abuse in the three months (of winter!) and still looks just like it did after I conditioned it.

Personally, I wouldn't pay to get one from fp because the new classics are different from the older bags (see link below - I'm not that knowledgable about the differences, so I find myself reading this alot) and it was exciting to find one that I could rehab and I also wanted one made in the USA because I had heard such great things about the quality of these bags.

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/coach-originals-vs-coach-classics-vs-vintage-697491.html

Also, here is a pic of mine (made in 1996), my post is #398: http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/which-coach-bag-are-you-carrying-today-786505-27.html#post23504788

It is a large bag, but is great for me because I can load it up for work and then take alot out when I'm shopping or out.

I haven't heard anyone get the classic duffle from the outlets, but I think I have seen that other classics have been picked up from the outlet.

Good luck!!
oh yeah! yours is great! i love that!

i d k, thats my prob is i think i would have to rehab one to get a good one, and i don't trust myself to ever getting around to it...i have a rehab proj already - its just hanging there in my closet - making me feel guilty. lol.

i can tell just by looking- the leather on the re-release is thinner...which may be nice - to make the bag lighter, but it doesn't look as cool as the original. Also, yours screams COACH...the thinner leather doesn't.

i don't know why i always call it a bucket bag. its a duffle - you are right.

thanks for the input. i will keep it in mind.

oh yeah! yours is great! i love that!

i d k, thats my prob is i think i would have to rehab one to get a good one, and i don't trust myself to ever getting around to it...i have a rehab proj already - its just hanging there in my closet - making me feel guilty. lol.

i can tell just by looking- the leather on the re-release is thinner...which may be nice - to make the bag lighter, but it doesn't look as cool as the original. Also, yours screams COACH...the thinner leather doesn't.

i don't know why i always call it a bucket bag. its a duffle - you are right.

thanks for the input. i will keep it in mind.

ahhaha tell me about it! I got really inspired by the rehab and rescue thread and bought like 6 bags over the course of a month or two and so far I've only finished 2 :shame:

I never know the right terminology, but I figured duffle and bucket were the same (I was hoping since I practically wrote my life story there that we were talking about the same thing!). I guess I should add that if the right color were ever to pop up on coach.com, I might consider buying it fp... I missed out on a mustard duffle a month or so ago, so if that one were to show up I'm not sure I could pass it up! If I could be sure the ones on fp would hold up like the one I have, I would have no problem buying it new on fp, for me that would be my main concern.