The Class of 2011....The start of my collection

Robinn

O.G.
Sep 2, 2011
I started researching RM in May 2011 after seeing a Beige-pink MAM in Bloomingdales. My research led me to seeing Wine Matinee Photos, and then onto discovering tPf. I was a lurker long before I got an account doing research & learning about the bags and leathers, and I’m happy to have joined the community :flowers:.

As many of you know (from the addiction thread) I have acquired quite the collection since then. My first purchase (that I kept) was in September at the OSS. I go for variety in colors, styles, and ages of these bags and now I reveal my buying binge, or the “Class of 2011” for the first time.

Ok…bags gather around for the Class Picture.
1-CoatsOn.jpg

Before I reveal the class photo, let me start with the top 5 reasons I got addicted to Rebecca Minkoff:

5. The Hunt for…..The Next Great Bag.

I think searching for RM bags has awakened a primal instinct of some sort. Maybe I’m nesting…maybe it’s competitive, trying to find a rare beauty that’s perfect for my collection. It definitely has to do with the rarity of the old bags, the qualities (as compared to new) and all of the combinations of linings, leathers, and bag styles. I can’t stop checking what’s out there. I paused in my purchasing in the past couple of weeks and am trying to enjoy what I have…but I am STILL looking :shocked: EVERYDAY. (couple of times a day, lets be honest here….)

4. Fun zippers & linings.

I will go for any funky zipper combo without fail. I also enjoy the range of linings and how they add to the bag’s character. I love the mosaic, bw dash, and….I actually don’t know the name of the stripe lining in my Sailor Mattie…Is it called seersucker?

IMG_1475.jpg

4c-Mattie3.jpg

3. Pockets. Pouches. And more POCKETS.

I went for the Cupid and Matinee as my first bags because I crave organization & the ability to find things quickly. Then, through tPf, I discovered organizing through pouches! Before, my bags were caverns of junk jumbled together in a mess. Not sure why I didn’t think of pouches before! All of the RM pouches shown are new, arrived w/in the past week.

IMG_1479.jpg

IMG_1476.jpg

2. Beautiful, colorful leathers.

I like variety in my shoes, bags, and jewelry. My friends at work stop by every morning to check out what I’m wearing… I think it’s admiration for my style (not what the h*%$ is she wearing?)… but I am not one for boring basics, that’s for sure. And RM bags have fed my interest in finding the perfect bag for each outfit.

IMG_1466.jpg

1. Adoption & Extended Family.

The generosity of tPf members (and the greater community of purse fanatics) who have allowed me to love their gently used bags. All of the below are part of my pre-loved, adopted family.

IMG_1473.jpg

In order of purchase….. (back to front)
1. Chocolate Cupid, 2. Violet Matinee (paisley lining), 3. Wine Matinee (floral lining), 4. Teal & Wine Mini Macs 5. Almond MAB with Red zipper and B/w Dash lining
(Collection through Nov 5th when I went on vacation….the Mini Macs and MAB were purchases for traveling)

IMG_1365.jpg

Collection Continued. (Back to Front) Nov-Dec Purchases=
6. BBW MAC w/ Purple zip (was in transit while on vacation),
7. Sailor Mini Mattie (bought while at Pool on vacation!!!),
8 & 9= NYSS Python MAC and Yellow RACY
10. BBW MAM with Blue zipper
11. Pouches (only 2 of my 4 shown…the last 2 arrived TODAY see the photos above)
IMG_1367.jpg

Finally, My Gold Sample Racy and the Red Affair that is up for Adoption.... I dont think I will keep the bag (too small), but it's in my house right now so it jumped into the picts.

IMG_1351.jpg

So that's it.... My purchase binge over the past 4 months. I feel slightly guilty, for buying so FAST that i havent taken the time to appreciate each individual bag. But.... I really do love them all. I just wish there were more days in a week so I could use them ALL.

And for the record, I was not walking around with a brown paper sack before buying these bags. I have many more already in my archives :shame:. I have a mini-album of my full bag collection here: http://forum.purseblog.com/album.php?albumid=8913

That's all for now.... Maybe I'll plan an annual check-in to see "Where are they now" in my bag collection. Happy Holidays everyone !!

:xtree: