The Clapton Club

Hello all! I am fairly new to posting on TPF. I have been wanting to purchase a LV bag for quite some time. I have been trying to find the right one for me. I like a bag with versatility, like where it can be a crossbody or clutch by removing the shoulder strap. I have a few LV wallets that I have purchased over the past few years and I think the time has come where I invest/treat myself to a LV bag. :smile: Do you all think this bag is unisex? I know it is in the women's section of the website but I am not sold on many of the men's bags. I do like the Kasai Clutch but I just wish that it could also be a crossbody bag too. LOL! I think that this could be a good bag for me. I think the Pochette Metis is cool too but, unfortunately it never seems to be available.Thanks for your input.

I think you will be able to rock this . It is simple yet elegant . [emoji322]. Post pics if you will decide to get this ok [emoji106].

Reactions: mpollzzie
So I haven't seen a lot of reviews for the Clapton, so for people doing a search on wear and tear I'm going to post my experience here.
I received my Clapton at the end of February and have worn it daily since. I live in Wyoming where winter is dirty and wet and wanted a bag that I wouldn't have to baby as much. I am also pregnant so wanted something I could carry cross body and that future grubby hands could actually touch :smile:. I did spray my bag with Carbon Pro, mostly because I spray all my leather bags with it.
So for wear and tear: The only place that I'm seeing any noticeable use is on the hardware: the closure clasp has hair-line scratches on it, and one bigger scratch from me letting the clasp drop onto the closure (I'm not very gentle with it when I get in a hurry), I'm also seeing some of the plating rub off on the feet, which happens to all my bags that have gold feet.

When this bag first came out people were concerned that the straps would rub the leather, I'm happy to report that I am so far not seeing any signs of damage from where the straps come in contact with the top of the bag. I think that the coated canvas feels thick and durable, and the leather is soft and flexible. The bag is a pleasure to handle, and if you get a chance to see it in the store take some time playing with it. I don't have a store near me so I often end up ordering bags and crossing my fingers.

This bag has been worn in the rain and snow, has been tossed on my passenger seat, and was trampled on by a Chihuahua. I'm happy to report that other than the damage to the clasps (due to my own carelessness), and the wear on the feet, I think my bag looks just as good as the day I bought it.

I'm including photos of what was in my bag this morning (not including the phone that I keep in the back pocket); there is still a bit of room and I often through my Kindle in there, and there is nothing in the zip pocket right now. I like to wear this bag cross body and for reference I am 5'11 and have it on its longest strap setting. Maybe when the baby comes I will shorten the strap a tad so it looks a little better as a shoulder bag.

I am in love with this bag, I think it looks just as good when I am in work out gear as it does when I am in a suit for work. I think it fits the perfect amount of items, and with the pocket set up I don't waste time digging around like I would in a bigger bag. I love that the back pocket is open and a little tight so I feel like my phone is secure but that I can access it quickly; this is actually my favorite feature and something I look for on all my handbags.

IMG_1803.jpg IMG_1802.jpg IMG_1801.jpg IMG_1800.jpg IMG_1799.jpg IMG_1798.jpg IMG_1797.jpg IMG_1796.jpg IMG_1795.jpg IMG_1794.jpg

Last edited:
So I haven't seen a lot of reviews for the Clapton, so for people doing a search on wear and tear I'm going to post my experience here.
I received my Clapton at the end of February and have worn it daily since. I live in Wyoming where winter is dirty and wet and wanted a bag that I wouldn't have to baby as much. I am also pregnant so wanted something I could carry cross body and that future grubby hands could actually touch :smile:. I did spray my bag with Carbon Pro, mostly because I spray all my leather bags with it.
So for wear and tear: The only place that I'm seeing any noticeable use is on the hardware: the closure clasp has hair-line scratches on it, and one bigger scratch from me letting the clasp drop onto the closure (I'm not very gentle with it when I get in a hurry), I'm also seeing some of the plating rub off on the feet, which happens to all my bags that have gold feet.

When this bag first came out people were concerned that the straps would rub the leather, I'm happy to report that I am so far not seeing any signs of damage from where the straps come in contact with the top of the bag. I think that the coated canvas feels thick and durable, and the leather is soft and flexible. The bag is a pleasure to handle, and if you get a chance to see it in the store take some time playing with it. I don't have a store near me so I often end up ordering bags and crossing my fingers.

This bag has been worn in the rain and snow, has been tossed on my passenger seat, and was trampled on by a Chihuahua. I'm happy to report that other than the damage to the clasps (due to my own carelessness), and the wear on the feet, I think my bag looks just as good as the day I bought it.

I'm including photos of what was in my bag this morning (not including the phone that I keep in the back pocket); there is still a bit of room and I often through my Kindle in there, and there is nothing in the zip pocket right now. I like to wear this bag cross body and for reference I am 5'11 and have it on its longest strap setting. Maybe when the baby comes I will shorten the strap a tad so it looks a little better as a shoulder bag.

I am in love with this bag, I think it looks just as good when I am in work out gear as it does when I am in a suit for work. I think it fits the perfect amount of items, and with the pocket set up I don't waste time digging around like I would in a bigger bag. I love that the back pocket is open and a little tight so I feel like my phone is secure but that I can access it quickly; this is actually my favorite feature and something I look for on all my handbags.

View attachment 4035417 View attachment 4035418 View attachment 4035419 View attachment 4035420 View attachment 4035421 View attachment 4035422 View attachment 4035423 View attachment 4035424 View attachment 4035425 View attachment 4035426
Thank you for the detailed review! :smile: I'm 5'9 so I :heart: hearing from taller women and seeing their pics, it helps me out a lot.

View attachment 4035417 View attachment 4035418 View attachment 4035419 View attachment 4035420 View attachment 4035421 View attachment 4035422 View attachment 4035423 View attachment 4035424 View attachment 4035425 View attachment 4035426
That was a very good review, especially the part about the hardware coming in contact with the leather, it set my heart at ease. The bag looks great on you and congratulations!​

Reactions: Monimo

I agree with you! I think mine is as old as yours and mine has seen lots of weather changes as well. Rain and snow mostly. And i think the Clapton is definitely a beautiful workhorse! I have no issues on glazing where the strap touches either.

Hi all, I am in love with my Clapton Noir! I'm just wondering, do any of you notice that the damier ebene on this particular bag is much lighter than the typical damier canvas? I personally think it looks better against the black leather.

Reactions: Starbux32
Hi Everyone. I have a Twinset in Mono Cerise and have purchased the Clapton in Noir. They are both similar in style but the Clapton is bigger, love the details and feels really nice. I love my Twinset also and it’s been a great bag. My plan was to se the Twinset to fund the Clapton. Now I’m having second thoughts. Which one should I keep? I wish I could keep both but cannot plus I do not need two similar bags. Any advise?

Reactions: Sunshine mama
Hi Everyone. I have a Twinset in Mono Cerise and have purchased the Clapton in Noir. They are both similar in style but the Clapton is bigger, love the details and feels really nice. I love my Twinset also and it’s been a great bag. My plan was to se the Twinset to fund the Clapton. Now I’m having second thoughts. Which one should I keep? I wish I could keep both but cannot plus I do not need two similar bags. Any advise?
What a fun dilemma to be in, but still a dilema! I like the Clapton myself! But we're in the Clapton club!It can be worn casually and can work dressed up a little as well. But it's totally up to your needs. What do you need to and usually carry in these bags? How will you use it? Etc.

What a fun dilemma to be in, but still a dilema! I like the Clapton myself! But we're in the Clapton club!It can be worn casually and can work dressed up a little as well. But it's totally up to your needs. What do you need to and usually carry in these bags? How will you use it? Etc.

LOL yes I posted this question in the general forum too but I should have know I’d probably get more votes for Clapton posting in the Clapton club.

I just use my bag for a small wallet, keys, sunglasses, lip balm and hand sanitizer. I have two small children so I usually have another bag for their items.

Reactions: Sunshine mama
Need some help deciding! I’m torn between the Clapton pm pink/noir or the Croisette in Damier ebene. Looking for casual day and something that can transition to a night out bag so not something for everyday. I love the look and feel of the Clapton but not sure about no handle. I love that the Croisette offers the ability to take it as a small handheld bag. What is your thoughts after owning this bag? Anyone ever use it as a clutch bag?

Reactions: valkeakuulas
Need some help deciding! I’m torn between the Clapton pm pink/noir or the Croisette in Damier ebene. Looking for casual day and something that can transition to a night out bag so not something for everyday. I love the look and feel of the Clapton but not sure about no handle. I love that the Croisette offers the ability to take it as a small handheld bag. What is your thoughts after owning this bag? Anyone ever use it as a clutch bag?
I am also deciding between the Clapton in Raisin and the Croisette in Damier Ebene. I am not sure which one to choose!!

Hello everyone! i've been searching reviews for the clapton but couldnt find any good one until i found this forum. I've been enjoying reading all the good reviews abt the clapton and it made me feel that i made the right decision to purchase this bag. I have a question. I got my clapton last April 12 and i notice that the clasp closure of my bag has a stain like a golden color, do someone have the same issue?

Reactions: Cate14