The CL Magic I've Experienced

gemibebe

O.G.
Feb 18, 2007
OK, starting from this week, I systematically wear CLs to work. My working place is rather conservative in terms of dress code and not very fashion conscious. However, two episodes that happened this week have let me fully live the magic created by Louboutins:

I had a meeting with one female senior executive on Monday and I was wearing my black patent Open Clic that day. Her secretary literally screamed when she saw me (or to be more exact, my Loubies):"Oh my God, you have such beautiful shoes! "Are they Louboutins?!" I was quite surprised by her excitement to be honest as people here rarely comment on clothes, etc., and she even recognized the Louboutins. Her enthusiasm went on when she led me into the office of the executive and she said:"Here's xxxx, and she's wearing such a beautiful pair of shoes!!!" The female executive immediately stood up and said:"Oh, I have to see those beautiful shoes!" The heated discussion on shoes went on for another few minutes before I finally sat down with the executive to discuss business ;)

On Wednesday I was wearing my red python Arielle a Talon boots. While I was walking into one office building, a lady (whom I don't know) approached me and said:"Oh, I have to tell you that I LOVE your boots! They're so beautiful!!!" I smiled back and thanked her. This is the first time in this company that some colleague I don't know actually approached me to praise my shoes and I was truly amazed!:nuts:

I wear designer shoes all the time: Tod's, Prada, Gucci... you name it. But I have never seen such consistent admirations for my shoes as I've experienced with my Louboutins. It seems that those are real magic shoes that attract everyone's attention and make you feel really special! Even in an environment that is rather conservative, those Louboutins still work wonders, and this convince me that the investment is well worth its value!

Anyone else has similar experience?

Yes. The former president of our company came up to me one day and said, "I think it's really sexy every time I see that bit of red when you walk away. It's why I bought my wife a pair."

So cute.

The first time I wore my red Simples out was to the movie theater in which my avatar is pictured. I was sitting next to this middle-aged woman who saw my shoes and positively GUSHED over them. She didn't know they were Loubies, but she was fawning over them... "What a pretty red color! And the soles are the same color?! They're BEAUTIFUL!!!!"

I'm in sorta the same boat as you with wearing designer stuff all the time, although my designer stuff is lower-end (Coach bags, Michael Kors jeans, the occasional Coach shoes), but never have I received compliments on anything of mine quite like that.

Oh, and I also wore my black suede Simples to class the other day (I can only wear them to class on the days when I only have one class, because tromping around campus all day for 4 classes is a bit much for me for now), and my professor kept staring at the soles (I had my feet up on the chair next to me). I think she recognized they were CLs, but she didn't say anything.

sumnboutme, that's so hilarious esp. when that guy is in a senior position! The senior mgmt in my company normally never discussed non-business-related topics in working environment, not to mention a male executive praises the shoes of a female colleague!:graucho:

ShoeNoob, I totally understand the "staring at the soles (or the shoes)" part! On the same day when I wore the red python boots, when I was waiting for the bus, almost everyone at the station were looking (if not staring) at my boots. When I saw one colleague and said "Hi" to her, she said:"Oh, I didn't even see you because I was only looking at the shoes! They're so pretty!";)

sumnboutme, that's so hilarious esp. when that guy is in a senior position! The senior mgmt in my company normally never discussed non-business-related topics in working environment, not to mention a male executive praises the shoes of a female colleague!:graucho:

Yeah, our company isn't that big and we're all like one big happy family. I remember he had to go to Rome for a business trip and I kept bugging him to buy me something pretty. When he came back, he gave me a bottle of Narciso Rodriguez perfume and told me his wife picked it for me. He's like 70 years old but so so sweet.

ShoeNoob, I totally understand the "staring at the soles (or the shoes)" part! On the same day when I wore the red python boots, when I was waiting for the bus, almost everyone at the station were looking (if not staring) at my boots. When I saw one colleague and said "Hi" to her, she said:"Oh, I didn't even see you because I was only looking at the shoes! They're so pretty!";)

If I was there, I would be very tempted to approach you and praise your boots as well! I'm constantly distracted by your avatar:P

I haven't been complimented on my shoes yet but I only wear them to restaurants where I only walk to and from the restaurant.

And it'd be pretty hard not to notice those red python boots GEMIBEBE...they're amazing!

I went to a local Pub in my Ariella Talons and 2 of the ladies in there came rushing over, fawning over my shoes

Next thing I know they're begging me to let them try them on lol

^^ lol I would definitely not let strangers try on my shoes, nor would I ever ask. But that is really funny!

Neither would I, but think about how many people have tried on the shoes you buy from a shop? Unless you get a brand new pair, many feet might have been in them before, especially during sales.

Neither would I, but think about how many people have tried on the shoes you buy from a shop? Unless you get a brand new pair, many feet might have been in them before, especially during sales.

I don't find that to be the same, for some reason. When they are in the store they aren't yours yet. When you are currently wearing them, they are yours to keep and control as you please! I just find it odd for someone to ask that is all! :smile: