The CL Lover's Secret Shame! Your Ugly Shoe Confessions!

idests

O.G.
Jul 29, 2007
I have to believe I am not the only one with some seriously fugly shoes I can't bring myself to part with. They're comfy and easy to slip on and even though "What Not To Wear" would advise against them, I can't let them go. Or maybe I just don't want to spend the money to buy alternatives when I could be buying CLs! :smile:

So ladies, what lurks in the back of YOUR closet? I'll start.

These boots were an emergency buy in Paris a couple of years ago when my pretty-look-hot-in-Paris boots lost a heel tap. It was cold and my feet were tired, so I went for comfort over beauty.
3238849023_78ac515466.jpg

These are my snow boots. They are waterproof and warm and I wear them to work when gthe weather is bad and tuck a pair of nice shoes in my bag.
3238849035_5c62f84998.jpg

These clogs are about eight years old and I often slip into them before running over to the corner bodega.
3238849029_db091d405c.jpg

And the worst for last... My mother actually gave these sandals to me when I sprained my ankle and nothing would fit. I have no excuse for keeping them around except that... um... well, they're really comfortable, dammit! I'd like to say I only wear them in the house, but I'd be lying. It's sad, I know.
3238849033_cd79c8c7b9.jpg

Now you know the worst of it. Including the fact that I desperately need a pedicure! *hangs head in shame* :shame:

Don't leave me all alone here, ladies... confess your ugly shoe sins!

I love the clogs! They're adorable!

I've never seen the other thread.

I don't really have any shoes, I consider ugly, but I do wear a lot of sneakers. :P

I was justhing thinking about this the other day.
Once per month I look in my shoe closet and dig into the very back where a pair of muddy boots are and I wear these to my construction site meetings. It's so odd since every other work day I'm dressed to the nines in heels....weekends are Ugg days

When I was a kid spending summers at my grandparents' summer house, I always wore clogs when I wasn't barefoot. There were many of them so when my feet got bigger there was always another pair that fit me. Sweet memories...

Anyway, I don't think I have any ugly shoes either, but like Jet, I wear sneakers a lot; whenever my feet need a rest from heels. I have two pairs only, but they're men's yellow Adidas with green stripes, that don't go with anything I wear, in size 42 and black with yellow stripes in 43. I have orthopedic insoles in both but there's still plenty of wiggling room for the toes. I normally wear 39 to 40. My feet sigh with relief every time I put them on.

I do not have any shoes that I think is ugly. Maybe someone else think they are ugly, but hey I didn't buy them for that someone else? I have a pair of crocs (not the regular kind) and I still don't think they are ugly.