The CL DIY Thread: all about transforming your CLs!

Heh, I know, it's been a crazy few years. :biggrin: This is far from my first strassing project but hopefully will be my first completed pair of LB's. :biggrin: Since I started on these I've acquired several pairs of factory strassed beauties and they are definitely being a help with the placement patterns on these lol!

BTW I saw your purse FFC; it's beautiful!!
tysm love how kind people are on here :heart:

So, ladies! I'm about to get strassing, and now that I'm several hundred dollars in debt on swarovski crystals, is there anything thats a reasonable dupe?
I'd like to practice a little more inexpensively, but not totally cheap out. Any recommendations?

So, ladies! I'm about to get strassing, and now that I'm several hundred dollars in debt on swarovski crystals, is there anything thats a reasonable dupe?
I'd like to practice a little more inexpensively, but not totally cheap out. Any recommendations?

So I recently did a project for a client where I mixed all three of the different kinds of good quality stones Dreamtime creations offers; Swarovski, Alora and Preciosa. When I first asked the supplier their thoughts on how the other two stack up against each other she said: "In my opinion, the Alora stones will be more brilliant and "sparkle" more. Alora are comparable to Swarovski 2058 stones. Preciosa are still crystal, they are just a more economical version of the Swarovski and Alora."

For reference here is a pic of the various sizes and cost comparisons I sent to the client
(note I have a wholesale account so pricing may be different):

unnamed (1).png

And here is how the project came out (no sparkle filter or any editing btw, just the camera light for the video):

Here is the link to DC's flatback rhinestone options: https://www.dreamtimecreations.com/category/1971/flatback-rhinestones/

EDITED TO ADD: LOL my reply is number 666 in the thread lol!

So I recently did a project for a client where I mixed all three of the different kinds of good quality stones Dreamtime creations offers; Swarovski, Alora and Preciosa. When I first asked the supplier their thoughts on how the other two stack up against each other she said: "In my opinion, the Alora stones will be more brilliant and "sparkle" more. Alora are comparable to Swarovski 2058 stones. Preciosa are still crystal, they are just a more economical version of the Swarovski and Alora."

For reference here is a pic of the various sizes and cost comparisons I sent to the client

View attachment 4714091

And here is how the project came out (no sparkle filter or any editing btw, just the camera light for the video):

Here is the link to DC's flatback rhinestone options: https://www.dreamtimecreations.com/category/1971/flatback-rhinestones/

That is so kind of you to provide that data, its an excellent comparison. How did you find working with the alora and preciosa?
Also I think I have seen few things as beautiful as those gloves!

View attachment 4714091

STUNNING ... wow wow WOW

That is so kind of you to provide that data, its an excellent comparison. How did you find working with the alora and preciosa?
Also I think I have seen few things as beautiful as those gloves!

Honestly I didn't see much difference between the two but I was using smaller stones, maybe the differences are a little more obvious as you go bigger? Definitely a noticeable difference from the swarovskis though.

Depending on what you want to practice on either is a great option. But I think if you are strassing LB's or anything expensive spring for the swarovski, you will be much happier in the long run!