****THE CHOCOLATE GUCCISSIMA CLUB****Pics and comments!

Do you love or avoid Chocolate Guccissima?

• Do you love Gucci Chocolate Guccissima?

• Do you avoid Gucci Chocolate Guccissima?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Congrats!!! The guccissima joy boston is a beautiful and classic bag! Love that rich dark brown embossed leather!

Thank you GhstDreamer! I only dreamed of having one and I couldn't believe it when I actually saw it in person!! I know it sounds corny but it's true. I didn't think they were still available.
:biggrin:

Thank you GhstDreamer! I only dreamed of having one and I couldn't believe it when I actually saw it in person!! I know it sounds corny but it's true. I didn't think they were still available.
:biggrin:

The dark brown is way too popular to discontinue but then again, Gucci tends to discontinue bag styles and colours regardles of whether they're popular or not. I bought my tobacco guccissima boston (light brown) in 2008 for around $900 (back then that's how much the guccissima bostons cost) and that colour has not been available for quite a long time now and it was a pretty popular brown shade. The guccissima leather is just so nice looking on the boston shape bag

The dark brown is way too popular to discontinue but then again, Gucci tends to discontinue bag styles and colours regardles of whether they're popular or not. I bought my tobacco guccissima boston (light brown) in 2008 for around $900 (back then that's how much the guccissima bostons cost) and that colour has not been available for quite a long time now and it was a pretty popular brown shade. The guccissima leather is just so nice looking on the boston shape bag

Tobacco guccissima sounds beautiful! And in a boston, wonderful! You must upload a pic so I can see it. Do you use a purse shaper with your boston? I have read some of the threads on how it sags.

I think many of the high end companies are using thinner leathers including Louis Vuitton. I have a Tango bag which I ALWAYS forget about because I never use it. It has a thicker canvas when compared to my Artsy. It's really sad!!!

Thank you! I love your thread. I would like to see how your collection grows too! ;)

True, the thinning of the materials seems to be the trend now. It works on LV and Gucci where it helps to give the bag some cloth-like feeling. With Chanel, though, it's just not the Chanel in my mind!!! I expect the classic flaps to be well structured, and the top of the flap to form a nice strong arch!!

I'm guessing that the Guccissima leather is actually thinner than other leathers on bags. I think it is a plus though, because it makes the bag practically weightless and makes the surface of the bags more foldable and curvable. That doesn't make the bag more fragile because, for the ones I saw, the weight of the stuff you put inside it is burdened on the lining, not the outer leather layer. I don't know whether it will scratch less, but I think the scratches will show less, because the leather already has patterns on it.

I am sort of in the same shoes as you are. I'm building up my wardrobe. I used to consider bags one-by-one. However, after I started this thread:
http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton/top-5-economical-must-haves-687209.html
I realized that it would be smart to make a plan of what I eventually want to have and work towards that. That way, I avoid buying bags that I think is good at one time, but become less useful as I buy other bags. So far, I think I sort of figured out the 6 to 8 bags I want in my collection. Once I got them nailed, I can go above and beyond, but I wouldn't buy more than one bag per year or even per 2 or 3 years. I plan to get the good and durable stuffs at first, so things don't break down on me 2 or 3 years down the road. I believe that with my plan, I can not only control the amount of money I spend on bags, but I will also ensure my bags are of a certain quality.

I only started to have this idea after I came to TPF. I hope this idea sounds interesting to you.

I have Guccissima Hysteria hobo in Ivory [sorry I'm hijacking the chocolate Guccissima thread], and I find this to be furthest from the truth [although I got the bag years ago]. This bag is almost unreasonably heavy. Not sure if it's the leather or hardware, but honestly I think it's a combination of both, the leather is not at all thin on the bag, and yes it stands up to so much. see pic:

picture.php

Last edited:
I went a little "hysteria" over the Gucci Hysteria Large Clutch a while back and after both color crystals, pink, yellow and beige leather, and a black python clutch, I finally found my chocolate guccissima clutch that allowed me to STOP ALREADY!! I couldn't go better than that so it allowed me to move on. It is really in such great shape still. I still love it!!!:cool:http://forum.purseblog.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Attachments

• 20150714_212603.jpg
    20150714_212603.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 662
finally...my addition to Chocolate Guccissima:

Just scored this Guccissima wallet at the Gucci outlet in Rosemont, IL [right outside of Chicago]. Most of my wallets do not have enough card slots for me [this one actually doesn't have enough really, need 3 additional on credit card side, and 5 additional on "other" card side, but good enough] I only had one wallet that had a sufficient number... and it was pretty beat down [I'm talking VERY RAGGEDY], been using it for years. So I'm so ecstatic about my new wallet. Without further ado, inside, and outside of the large wallet, which may even be more of a clutch than a wallet. I also love that it opens all the way and folds all the way flat instead of having to dig inside the wallet.

Outside brown Guccissima leather:

WalletOutside_zpssjous8vx.jpeg

Inside of the wallet:

InsideWallet_zps56pm4iz2.jpeg

please excuse all of my loyalty cards, I pretty much have every loyalty card there is. these are only the cards that don't allow me to use my phone number to redeem my points.

I went a little "hysteria" over the Gucci Hysteria Large Clutch a while back and after both color crystals, pink, yellow and beige leather, and a black python clutch, I finally found my chocolate guccissima clutch that allowed me to STOP ALREADY!! I couldn't go better than that so it allowed me to move on. It is really in such great shape still. I still love it!!!:cool:http://forum.purseblog.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Hysteria clutch is one of my absolute fave clutches. u r killin' 'em with the Chocolate Guccissima leather.