The Cheyne - Made in England

Izzy48

IZZY
O.G.
Jul 25, 2013
The box arrived today with the Cheyene. It was in the new dust cover with the new Mulberry insignia. Of course, the new insignia is on the bag.

My overall impression of the bag is a nice classic bag which can be carried for years. It is very well made with excellent stitching and edge painting. The inside suede lining is black and well done. The bag is not light nor is it heavy but a nice medium weight for its size. The leather is more of a soft leather with a slight grain to it reminding me of some of the French bags I have had in the past. The only comparison I can give to a Mulberry is the older Willow but it is still a bit different. I have no idea how it will wear.

A couple of things are different about the bag. One is when the flap opens (as of now) it has to be held open due to the construction of the bag. The metal clasp opens to the left then it is pulled over the ball of the clasp.

The back of the bag has a nice pocket which easily holds my iPhone 6 but I have no idea if it will hold a plus. The inside has a zip pocket on the back which is not very big. The Cheyene is well made in England and that is a big deal to me.

I had assumed the zip pocket would be on the front wall since Johnny Coca was so adamant about the reason for changing the pocket of the Bayswater to the front wall. However, it is on the back wall of the bag.

IMG_3533.JPG

IMG_3534.JPG

IMG_3535.JPG

IMG_3536.JPG

It will be interesting to hear other opinions of the bag and I certainly won't be offended if it isn't liked. I like the bag due to its classic lines and shape so I believe it will do well for me for years.

Congratulations on your gorgeous new bag Izzy & the detailed description with photos . Looks a very classy & wellmade bag - you'll have loads of wear and enjoyment for years to come I'm sure from her [emoji3]

I really like it. The colour of the hardware is closer to soft gold than the website suggests. The leather looks lovely.

Is the strap long enough to wear cross-body? (Obviously, this is to a degree subjective and depends on height and build.)

Thank you for sharing!

Congratulations on a beautiful bag! I'm intrigued by this one. I'd like to see some of the other colors it comes in.

Izzy, do you do mod shots? I'd love to see pics of this on a real person if you can.

It looks lovely, I like the leather and the hardware, they look luxurious. It also looks a lot roomier than I expected. Congratulations on taking the plunge :smile:

Is it like a chanel? Looks lovely but not for me..enjoy my friend

It does have the feel of a Chanel or any softer French bag. Not at all surprised it isn't for you but it will be good for me because of bag weight. The RA and I are in a vicious battle and any bag slightly heavy is painful for me. I am going to have to sell my Bayswater bags (aubergine and chocolate) if the RA doesn't improve. It makes me sick to my stomach to think about it.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your gorgeous new bag Izzy & the detailed description with photos . Looks a very classy & wellmade bag - you'll have loads of wear and enjoyment for years to come I'm sure from her [emoji3]

Thank you, I appreciate it!

I really like it. The colour of the hardware is closer to soft gold than the website suggests. The leather looks lovely.

I prefer the soft gold hardware. This isn't bright but it isn't as shiny.

Is the strap long enough to wear cross-body? (Obviously, this is to a degree subjective and depends on height and build.)

For me (as I am tall) it definitely is not a cross body. Wearing it long the top of the bag comes to the top of my hip. My SA modeled it and she is petit and it would easily be a cross body for her.

Thank you for sharing!

You are welcome!

Congratulations on a beautiful bag! I'm intrigued by this one. I'd like to see some of the other colors it comes in.

Izzy, do you do mod shots? I'd love to see pics of this on a real person if you can.

It comes in 3 colors and all are nice. I have done mod shots but given up on it since I have had to take so many steroids for the RA. Just changes the whole body shape. However, it looks nice on the shoulder.

It looks lovely, I like the leather and the hardware, they look luxurious. It also looks a lot roomier than I expected. Congratulations on taking the plunge :smile:

I love the shape and the way it is designed on the bottom gives it the extra space many of us need. Thanks!

It looks lovely, very classic indeed! Congratulations on your new bag, I'm sure you will enjoy it many years to come! :smile:

Thank you!

Thanks for the reveal and detailed description. I like the clean simple lines and from the side view it looks like it holds a decent amount. The leather looks amazing and I'm sure she will be a very useful addition to your wardrobe. The lock looks a little fiddly ? Please give us a little update in a few weeks once you have had a chance to use her. Congratulations, it's nice to see a new reveal.

I have seen this bag during LFW and I thought it was one of the best looking ones.... the leather looks lush, enjoy!
Curious to see which other colours will be released

It does have the feel of a Chanel or any softer French bag. Not at all surprised it isn't for you but it will be good for me because of bag weight. The RA and I are in a vicious battle and any bag slightly heavy is painful for me. I am going to have to sell my Bayswater bags (aubergine and chocolate) if the RA doesn't improve. It makes me sick to my stomach to think about it.

Oh bless you sorry to hear you are suffering more than whan we last spoke i hope they can find some way to improve things soon. This does look really lovely wish i could use a smaller bag..let us know how it goes ..esp the chain strap

The box arrived today with the Cheyne. It was in the new dust cover with the new Mulberry insignia. Of course, the new insignia is on the bag.

My overall impression of the bag is a nice classic bag which can be carried for years. It is very well made with excellent stitching and edge painting. The inside suede lining is black and well done. The bag is not light nor is it heavy but a nice medium weight for its size. The leather is more of a soft leather with a slight grain to it reminding me of some of the French bags I have had in the past. The only comparison I can give to a Mulberry is the older Willow but it is still a bit different. I have no idea how it will wear.

A couple of things are different about the bag. One is when the flap opens (as of now) it has to be held open due to the construction of the bag. The metal clasp opens to the left then it is pulled over the ball of the clasp.

The back of the bag has a nice pocket which easily holds my iPhone 6 but I have no idea if it will hold a plus. The inside has a zip pocket on the back which is not very big. The Cheyene is well made in England and that is a big deal to me.

I had assumed the zip pocket would be on the front wall since Johnny Coca was so adamant about the reason for changing the pocket of the Bayswater to the front wall. However, it is on the back wall of the bag.

View attachment 3376183

View attachment 3376184

View attachment 3376185

View attachment 3376186

It will be interesting to hear other opinions of the bag and I certainly won't be offended if it isn't liked. I like the bag due to its classic lines and shape so I believe it will do well for me for years.

It looks lovely. Reminds me a bit of the Chanel boy. I don't understand the opening. Is it different from how the lily opens up to get inside.

This bag could be a hit for him. Lily is more my style as I am very traditional and girly but I think the Cheyenne looks great. Ooh and gorgeous suede interior too. Sigh.

Last edited by a moderator: