The Challenge: Help me find the perfect work bag! (Chanel, YSL, McQueen?)

trulychanel

Sep 6, 2016
I need help finding the perfect work bag! I've tried everything and just haven't found "the one." Ready for the requirements?
- I am looking for a black shoulder bag
- Designer & super chic
- Must fit over the shoulder
- Must be able to fit a 13" MacBook Air
- Prefer for it to be able to zip all the way around (feel safer this way!)

I've been carrying the Alexander McQueen Large Padlock Large Zip Satchel for the past 2 years, and also bought the original YSL Cabas Chyc large tote but it doesn't fit over my shoulder! I also have a Louis Vuitton laptop bag but its too big and bulky for everyday business and I am not into the Neverfull (doesn't zip). I've tried the Tory Burch bags (most either don't zip or are too small or what I want), don't like the Michael Kors travel bag... I have been considering a Chanel tote (i.e. Large CC Chevron Shopping Tote Bag?) but am unsure (most don't full zip). I've been happy with my McQueen, but I'm ready for an update. I just feel like the perfect everyday bag for me just might not exist! All recommendations/suggestions welcome!

Last edited:
Check the large heroine tote Alexander mcqueen it's perfect for what you want and they have black as well as many other colors plus the leather is quite sturdy

Check the large heroine tote Alexander mcqueen it's perfect for what you want and they have black as well as many other colors plus the leather is quite sturdy
Thanks for responding! I feel like I might be done with the McQueen line because its so similar to the McQueen Padlock which I've been using. But good suggestion!

Hi there!
I'm on the same hunt! The challenge is in finding some thin that zips up.
Someone had suggested the mulberry double zip, but it still has an open compartment in the middle.
Yesterday while browsing I saw the max Mara large Whitney which certainly fits a 13" MacBook but again, it's an open tote with one zip compartment in the middle. It was beautiful, though :smile:

Hi there!
I'm on the same hunt! The challenge is in finding some thin that zips up.
Someone had suggested the mulberry double zip, but it still has an open compartment in the middle.
Yesterday while browsing I saw the max Mara large Whitney which certainly fits a 13" MacBook but again, it's an open tote with one zip compartment in the middle. It was beautiful, though :smile:

It's so hard right!! I still haven't found anything. I did come across the LV Boetie on their website, but haven't seen it in person yet! http://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/products/boetie-monogram-empreinte-014531

Hah! We are on the same hunt for sure. I actually also went in to LV yesterday to see the soufflot gm and they didn't have it. AND they told me it's being discontinued! Why!?
all I wanted was a simple, stylish bag that will last several years.