The cdc belt....

I've just gotten my first ever Hermes belt-- a vintage black lizard CDC-- and am still trying to figure out how to style it. This thread is helping lots to see how versatile the style is! So far I'm finding I like mine "softened up" a bit with drape or ruffles.

Even though I'm still practicing with this one, I can tell another in regular leather is in my future. :lol:

No idea why the photos make it look like there's a diagonal ripple at the front. Trick of the light, I guess.

As a side note, I'd love to hear from any other lizard owners how often you take your pieces in to be infused with moisture (to use Docride's expression for the process).

Lovely calexandre! You've action photos have inspired me to take another look at the CDC. You make it look Lux and effortless, always a good look! Love Lizzie too!

Need some advice again please as I am not sure what do.

I got my CDC belt in mouse colour suede size 80, when I tried it one in the store I was wearing trousers so it fitted to my hip but when I got home and tried it with my dresses at my waist it is too big even on last hole, my SM has just found another one black box size 75 which fits perfect at my waist but will not got to my hip, that is fine with me as I think as this style is very big I would really only wear with dresses the help I need is as I don't go out very much is this going to sit in box most of the time rather than get worn can any ladies who have this belt tell me how often you wear it and what with, not sure if I should pass for something else.

I literally just fainted. This is stunning. BEYOND!!!!

I've just gotten my first ever Hermes belt-- a vintage black lizard CDC-- and am still trying to figure out how to style it. This thread is helping lots to see how versatile the style is! So far I'm finding I like mine "softened up" a bit with drape or ruffles.

Even though I'm still practicing with this one, I can tell another in regular leather is in my future. :lol:

No idea why the photos make it look like there's a diagonal ripple at the front. Trick of the light, I guess.

As a side note, I'd love to hear from any other lizard owners how often you take your pieces in to be infused with moisture (to use Docride's expression for the process).

Need some advice again please as I am not sure what do.

I got my CDC belt in mouse colour suede size 80, when I tried it one in the store I was wearing trousers so it fitted to my hip but when I got home and tried it with my dresses at my waist it is too big even on last hole, my SM has just found another one black box size 75 which fits perfect at my waist but will not got to my hip, that is fine with me as I think as this style is very big I would really only wear with dresses the help I need is as I don't go out very much is this going to sit in box most of the time rather than get worn can any ladies who have this belt tell me how often you wear it and what with, not sure if I should pass for something else.

I admit my CDC belts don't get much use unlike the other reversible H belts that I can match with different buckles. But I love, Love CDC belts. :biggrin: Wish I can find my size in different colour and leather.
When I use them, I use it over tunics with leggings and boots, or a shirt that is untucked over skirt or cigarette style trousers, sometimes over a jacket/coat and of course with dresses. I only use CDC belts on my natural waist as I find it too wide and stiff with the metal parts around making it not conforming to your body shape if worn below my waist.
It just depends what you want to use it for the most.
Oh another thing and it's just my personal opinion, the black box leather will probably wear better over time as suede/doblis material will rub off things and I personally don't like the look of a "fluffed" suede. Good luck on your decision. :smile:

Huge congratulations! Faultless on you calexandre Better lizard than croc for this piece IMHO (no offence croc owners).

Love it, enjoy it and try it with everything but I would also be brave and not always 'soften' it. You have such a knock-out figure and I can just see this over a '50s minimalist sweater-dress (with or without snood) a stretchy, longer-length LBD slightly body-con dress and heels and for day a pencil skirt and crisp near-white shirt.

Years ago, I turned down the offer of a (plain) black ghw CDC as a gift from my uncle while my dad bought me the matching CDC bracelet for a youthful Birthday. I have regretted being such a goody goody ever since (although it probably wouldn't fit me the same way now I guess :biggrin:). In my still child-like mind I only saw myself with hipster belts. What was I thinking...:smash:

On lizard:
I can only speak from experience, I have several lizard bags (1990s Gucci, vintage 50s Bellstone and a Mapin and Web). They have often been used. There is NO wear any wear, no dulling or lifting of any scales, they are all perfect, yet I have never done anything to them. I think the secret is just not to store lizard, hidden away in some strange-temperature place (a lot of people do) but to keep it in your main wardrobe and use it so the temp and humidity is constant. I don't know how it can absorb moisture from the front only the back (but def ask Docride).

Reactions: am2022
Looking at all these amazing belt pictures, I noticed that on some pictures the metal bits are wider apart than on other pictures (I hope you understand what I mean...), and this confuses me - are there two different types of CDC belts? (I don't mean the belt kits)

Does anyone know? :confused1:

Looking at all these amazing belt pictures, I noticed that on some pictures the metal bits are wider apart than on other pictures (I hope you understand what I mean...), and this confuses me - are there two different types of CDC belts? (I don't mean the belt kits)

Does anyone know? :confused1:

There are only 1 type cdc belt from h
Not sure what you saw might not be original

Thanks for your input bagidiotic! You really think so? You see i was looking at the photos posted by grand fonds in this thread (#101, 107 for example) or rockerchick (also in this thread, #132 i think) - these belts have the metal parts further apart, which i actually really like. But when you look at the pictures posted artemisa (#104) or calextra (#145) there is a distinct difference. I am hoping all them are authentic because they look so good on the forum members! :smile:

Thanks for your input bagidiotic! You really think so? You see i was looking at the photos posted by grand fonds in this thread (#101, 107 for example) or rockerchick (also in this thread, #132 i think) - these belts have the metal parts further apart, which i actually really like. But when you look at the pictures posted artemisa (#104) or calextra (#145) there is a distinct difference. I am hoping all them are authentic because they look so good on the forum members! :smile:

Think its the angle of taking those pic
Also its your choice how you like to wear it
Which side to face front